Blurty for About my boring life....
|Friday, August 22nd, 2003|
The school started 'bout two weeks ago, and I'm already bored to death. Luckily the weekend started today, so no school for 2 days. Yay! And I'm going to watch The Pirates of the Caribbean: the Curse of the Black Pearl again today! I've seen it twice in a movie theater despite the fact, that the premiere is on 29th. I just simply love that movie! *Captain* Jack Sparrow was really good character!!
My favourite quotes from that movie are:
-but why is the rum gone?
-a wedding? I love weddings! Drinks all 'round!
-wellcome to the Caribbean, love!
-you'll remember this day as the day you almost c-----
- easy on the goods darling
- I'm disinclined to asquiesce your request... means no
I'm supposed to be a huge Orlando Bloom fan (gsus, that sounds so, teenish), but his performance wasn't that good. *Captain* Jack Sparrow caught my attention. That Johny Depp man can really act. He's wonderful in "From Hell" and "Sleepy Hollow", too. And he's over 40! He doesn't look that old.
Well, got to start to prepare me for the movie. I'm planning to wear my pink, sleeveless "welcome to Caribbean paradise" shirt :) Too bad I'm going there alone, but Noora didn't manage to come with me, and one of my friends just wanted to wait for the premiere.
Got to update this journal more often.
This is one quiz I took. Enjoy it! (-not!!)
Duh. You are "But WHY's the rum gone?!"
You're not the smartest one in the bunch, but
you're sweetly appealing and you don't let
disappointment get to you. Everybody
identifies with you, because let's face it, why
IS the rum gone?
Which one of Captain Jack Sparrow's bizarre sayings from Pirates of the Caribbean are you?
brought to you by Quizilla
Again, if you've read this entry, please write a comment. I'd be very pleased to know that someone's leering at my journal :)
|Wednesday, July 30th, 2003|
I found this from poisongoddess' journal :) It's kinda hilarious actually :) And again, if someone reads this, send a comment please.
|Saturday, July 26th, 2003|
|I finally realised how I could change my layout, so here it is! I think these colours are better now, and the text is also much nicer. It might be kinda small, but I guess we'll manage :) This layout is also clearer, and much better than the last one. Well, maybe I'll go to sleep... Good night!|
Had to take this survey which I found somewhere, I don't even know from whom I got this. Anyway, clock's 1:31 now, and I'm *really* tired... Maybe I should go to sleep...
x. father thinks I am: nice little girl :) no, I don’t really know...
x. mother thinks I am: A spoiled stupid brat
x. my boyfriend/girlfriend thinks I am: I don’t have a boyfriend :’(
x. three things you are often complimented for: Well, yeasterday someone said I was pretty and smart and that I have a good taste :)
x. I get embarrassed when: I do something really stupid, or confuse the meaning of a word for something completely different
x. makes you happy: Some people, good jokes, good movies, music....
x. upsets you: some people, oh gosh, It’s really easy to get me upset...
x. you keep a diary: online and I do have a real diary
x. you like to cook: Yeah, sometimes.
x. you have a secret you have not shared with anyone: Yeah! Many...
x. you're in love: No, I guess not.
x. you set your watch a few minutes ahead: No
x. you bite your fingernails: I used to when I was little, not any more.
x. you believe in love: At least I want to believe in it.
The weirdest person you know: Silja
The Loudest Person you Know: Hanna
The Sexiest Person you Know: Hah! I’m not sharing that with you :)
Your close friends: Silja
The Person that Knows the Most about you: I guess Silja
your Crush?: In real life Antti, Ville, Ville and maybe someone else, too :)
1. What is...?
your most overused phrase on IM: I dunno/lol
the last image/thought you go to sleep with: It depends, and usually I don’t even remember them...
your best feature: I don’t know. Ask someone else..
best inside joke: Can’t explain them, so you wouldn’t really understand... Something about Eamon maybe...
2. Do You...?
Take a shower every day?: Yes
have a(any) crush(es): Yep! :)
think you know you've been in love: No, in love, no.
want to get married: Maybe if I meet a really special someone.
have any tattoos/where?: No, I don’t have any.
piercings/where?: The typical ear piercings (2)
get motion sickness: I guess not.
think you're a health freak: No!
get along with your parents: Most of the time.
like thunderstorms: They’re cool
NATURAL HAIR COLOR: blonde
CURRENT HAIR COLOR: blonde
EYE COLOR: blueish green/greenish blue + yellow/brown circles around pupils.
BIRTHPLACE: Kotka, Finland
( FAMILY )
PARENTS: Mother and father + stepmother + stepfather
SIBLINGS: 4 brothers and 1 sister
LIVE WITH: My mom, stepfather, 2 brothers, sister
FAVORITE RELATIVE: Maybe my cousins Lasse/Simo/Sanna. I can’t decide who is the favourite.
( FAVORITES )
COLOR: green or blue
DAY: Friday [-no school tomorrow!!]
MONTH: June or November
SONG: Ingalsin Laura/Mun elämä
FOOD: I don’t know
SPORT: Ballet :)
DRINK: Alcoholic: Salmiakkikossu!
VEGGIE: I don’t know. Carrots?
( IN THE LAST 24 HOURS, HAVE YOU.... )
HELPED SOMEONE? Yeah
BOUGHT SOMETHING? Yes
GOTTEN SICK? No
GONE TO THE MOVIES? Yep
GONE OUT FOR DINNER? No
SAID "I LOVE YOU"? No
WRITTEN A REAL LETTER? No
TALKED TO AN EX? No
MISSED AN EX? No
WRITTEN IN A JOURNAL? Yeah
TALKED TO SOMEONE YOU CRUSH ON? Yes
HAD A SERIOUS TALK? No
MISSED SOMEONE? Yep
HUGGED SOMEONE? No
FOUGHT WITH YOUR PARENTS? No
FOUGHT WITH A FRIEND? No
name 5 things you hate:
1. Avril Lavigne
2. Pikku G
3. Waiting for Harr Potter 6 book
Would You Ever..
1. Eat a bug? No
2. Bungee Jump? Yes
3. Hang glide? No
4. Kill someone? No
5. Have sex with someone you don't love? Yes
6. Kiss someone of the same sex? Maybe
7. Have sex with someone of the same sex? No
8. Parachute from a plane? No
9. Walk on hot coals? No
10. Go out with someone for their looks? Yeah
11. For their reputation? maybe
12. Be a vegetarian? maybe
13. Wear plaid with stripes? dunno
14. IM a stranger: yeah
15. Sing karaoke? maybe
16. Get drunk off your ass? Yeah!!
17. Shoplift? No
18. Run a red light? No
19. Star in a porn video? NO.
20. Dye your hair blue? Heh, that’d be cool!!
21. Be on Survivor? No.
22. Wear makeup in public? Yeah! What on earth did you think!?!
23. NOT wear makeup? Not in public, no.
25. Make someone cry? Not on purpose
26. Call your math teacher an idiot? Heh, no, I don’t think so.
27. Kick a baby? No
28. Date someone more than ten years older than you? Not now, maybe later
29. Cuss out a priest? Come again?
30. Take a job as a janitor? no
31. Wear a tho-tho-tho-tho-thong? yes
32. Stay up all through the night? I’ve done so many times. Nothing really special...
33. Drink straight espresso? No.
34. Would you have sex with the person who got this from? No.
|Friday, July 25th, 2003|
Saw Bruce Almighty today. It was really hilarious at some points. Went to see it with my little sister since my best friend is in France right now...
I was supposed to go picking up strawberries today, but when we arrived to that farm (whatever) they said that they're "out of stock". I'll have to wait till they're mature. Boring...
I'd like to go to a music festival right now! But I guess the only one left is Ankkarock. Well, there's Maija Vilkkumaa, but I dunno... Maybe next year... Then I'll be old enough to go to a, umm, beer-tent (I've no idea what's it in english, it's kaljateltta in finnish...) Yai!
|Thursday, July 24th, 2003|
A couple of weeks ago I went to my cousins place, and it was really nice there. There was this "big event" some rowing competition or something like that and me and my cousin went downtown to get drunk :) I had a bottle of "salmiakkikossu". I didn't get really drunk because I knew my father would pick me up about 2 o' clock. But he was drunk too, so it didn't bother me so much :) A whole car with my realatives and me :) I'm so proud of myself, I didn't have a hangover!!!!!
By the way, did read Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix again yesterday :) It still makes me cry, and so does Harry Potter and Prisoner of Azkaban :'(
Well, I don't have the time to write a novel now...
And please, If someone has read this, please inform me and send a comment!
|Monday, July 7th, 2003|
1) First Grade Teacher: Aino Holmén
2) Last words you said: “Joo, ota vaan”
3) Last person you hugged: My friend Silja
4) Last thing you laughed at: I guess that I laughed at the beach an hour ago, I guess I laughed at my littlebrother, or something... :)
5) Last time you cried: When you-know-who (not Lord Voldemort!!) died in Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix!! I cried my eyes out :’(
6) What's in your CD player: Maija Vilkkumaa : Ei
7) What color socks are you wearing: Beige
8) Current taste: Coca-cola
9) Current annoyance: That I have to go to my cousins place by bus, it takes like six hours!!
10) Current longing: I’d like to meet this one person...
11) Current hate: Many
12) Last Crush: My friends’ friend
13) Current favorite article of clothing: My brand new “fresh grapefruit” shirt
14) Favourite physical feature of the opposite sex: Most of them are tall and fit, it turns me on :)
15) Favorite place to be: Perhaps a music festival, or the beach, or a party :)
16) Least Favorite place to be: School!!!!
17) If you could play an instrument, what would it be: I can play the violin, but guitarr would be cool! Or piano!
18) Favorite color: I like blue and green
19) Favorite book(s): I love books! My favourite authors are J.R.R.Tolkien, J.K.Rowling, David Eddings, Margareth Weis and Tracy Hickman and so on...
20) Favorite day: Friday!! (the week-end starts [no school!])
21) Where do you want to go: New Zealand or France, or USA
22) What is your career going to be like: I really don’t know!! I’m lost...
23) Type a line you remember from any book: “I know about the regurgitating toilet”
24) A random lyric: Mun elämä, milloin siitä tuli näin hirveä (Maija Vilkkumaa-Mun elämä) (translation: My life, when did it turn up to be this horrible)
25) Identify some things surrounding your computer: Subwoofers, a couple of Harry Potter books, pencil case, cd’s (games and records) calculator, my mobile phone (nokia!), a dictionary...
My, my. A Hufflepuff you be.
Well, aren't you just the cutest thing?
You'll never be as good as the rest in lessons and
alike, but you'd be a better friend than any
one of them and you know it. Loyal, modest and
most likely a 'dunderhead'.
Which Harry Potter House do you Belong to? (How *old* is this quiz?)
brought to you by Quizilla
What swear word are you?
brought to you by Quizilla
Which Dysfunctional Care Bear Are You?
brought to you by Quizilla
Tiny, Mischevious and full of life, The Fae dragon
watches over you... as well as under, around,
above, below and so on. Loving the way you live
life, but totally useless for most help. Unless
of course, you're planning a joke...
What sort of Dragon watches over you?
brought to you by Quizilla
With Which Harry Potter Male Are You Most Sexually Compatible?
brought to you by Quizilla
|Monday, June 30th, 2003|
I haven't been updating for a while. Sorry, if someone even reads this journal...
Well, to the point... I got my Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix book last monday! It was so fucking great! I read it in 4 days, and it's quite good, since it was the first book I've ever read in English (my native languege is Finnish, if you didn't know). Oh God, J. K. Rowling is so great! But I hate her for one reason. She killed Sirius Black!! I cried my eyes out! It makes me so sad. I haven't cried for a fictional character before! I've been so sad about him and Harry for few days... Well, maybe she had a reason for that.
I'm off to my familys summer cottage (I dunno what's it in English) today. We haven't got a computer there *shakes her head* but at least we take our dvd-player there, so I can watch my Fellowship of the Ring extended editions extras! Not to mention my Austin Powers dvds *giggles*
Well, that's about it, I'll be back, I guess :)
|Monday, May 26th, 2003|
(1) The singular boring question: What is your name? Elina
(2) If you had been born a member of the opposite sex, what would your name have been? Dunno, maybe Antti(3) Would you name a child of yours after you? no...
(4) If you had to switch first names with a friend of yours, who would you switch with? I'm quite happy with my own name. No need to change.
(5) What's the way people most often mispronounce any part of your name? They know how to pronounce it. No problemos
(6) If you were to become famous, would you drop your last name (like Madonna, Cher, Roseanne)? It depends.
DEEP THEOLOGICAL QUESTIONS
(7) Do you believe in the traditional view of Heaven and Hell? No
(8) Do you think God has a gender? Yep
(9) Do you think science counteracts religion? yes
(10) Do you believe in organized religion? nope
(11) Where do you think we go when we die? I dunno.
(12) Do you feel a little funny thinking about the questions in this section? not really
(13) How easy is it to make you laugh? It's so easy, especially when I'm tired or drunk :)
(14) What person you know makes you laugh the most? Silja
(15) Do you laugh at jokes you know you shouldn't? Yep
(16) Do you tell jokes you know you shouldn't? Of course
(17) What words instantly make you laugh or at least smile? can't explain, those that are connected to some sort of inside-joke.
(18) What do you think is the funniest thing you've ever said or written? not gonna tell u that
(19) Do you ever dance to music when nobody's watching? sometimes
(20) What is/are the worst song(s) you have ever heard? there are lots of them. Maybe Avril Lavigne's live performances (does that count?)
(21) What song(s) do you wish you could understand a little better? dunno
(22) What song(s) are constantly in your head? the eurovision contest song cry baby
(23) What song(s) do you think describe your personality best? no idea
(24) If you were to serenade the object of your affections, which song(s) would you use? what? :)
(25) If the object of your affections were to serenade you, what song(s) would you hope he or she used? "i cant live if living is witjout you", heh, not really :)
(26) What movie(s) do you love that nobody else seems to? A tv-series "Idän Soturit" (wind and cloud conquers the world). And Gael García bernal's movies.
(27) Do you agree with the idea that sequels are always worse than the original? Nope
(28) Who's your favorite Star Wars character? Count Dooku (christopher Lee->Saruman) and yoda
(29) What kind of movie do you think there should be more of? more musicals and teen crap!!
(30) What movie(s) do you simply not understand the appeal of? Dunno, splatter-movies?
(31) When eating, are you more concerned with taste or healthiness? It depends, mostly taste
(32) What's your favorite kind of cheese? Oltermanni :)
(33) What do you think your answer to the previous question reveals about your personality? I only like traditional food
(34) If you knew exactly what went into Chinese food, hamburger meat, etc., would you still eat it? no
(35) Do you ever feel guilty eating meat? sometimes, but not all the time
(36) Mac or PC? pc! what did you think?
(37) How much do you actually care about the inner workings of your computer, as long as it works? quite a lot actually
(38) Do you ever begin preferring IMs to other forms of conversation? didn't understand the question ;)
(39) Do you find you're different talking through IMs than face-to-face or on the telephone? yep I guess
(40) Have you ever ended bid on something on eBay and regretted it later? No
THE BATTLE OF THE SEXES
(41) Have you ever wished you could experience being the other gender? when little, yes
(42) What do you love most about the other gender? their looks :) and they don't get pregnant
(43) What do you dislike most about the other gender? dunno.
(44) What do you understand least about the other gender? their logic
(45) Do you sometimes see a movie or watch a show just because a good-looking celebrity is in it? All the time ^_^
(46) What celebrity's autograph do you want most? 1) Orlando Bloom 2) Gael García Bernal
(47) Have people ever said you looked like a celebrity, and if so, who? NO! =(
(48) If there was to be a movie about you, who do you think should play you (in personality, looks or both)? I've no idea.
(49) Does it ever annoy you when you know someone is a celebrity but you can't remember why? That annoys the hell out of me!
(50) If you could enter any celebrity's mind like in "Being John Malkovich", whose would you enter? Orlando Bloom :)
(51) Do you want to be John Malkovich? nope, never
(52) Do you laugh when you hear or read the number 69? in some occations
(53) Were you lying about your answer to the previous question? no
(54) Do you actually know your Social Security Number? Yes, of course
(55) Do you actually know your IP? what is IP =)
(56) Do you know what an IP address is? What is IP??
(57) Do you know the four-character extension on your ZIP code? yes. though here it's five numbered
(58) Ever thought there were too many numbers floating around in our lives? sometimes
(59) Does your head begin to hurt when you think of infinity, imaginary numbers, irrational numbers, etc.? yep
(60) What do you think PI? about what? :)
LOVE, SEX AND ALL THAT
(61) Did you get a little frightened or uncomfortable seeing this as a section title? nope
(62) If someone you had no interest in dating expressed interest in dating you, how would you feel? excited
(63) Do you prefer getting to know someone first before dating them or going in "blind"? yep
(64) Could you carry on a relationship with someone with the same first name as a family member? it wouldn't be a problem for me, maybe for them
(65) Have you ever wished it was more "socially acceptable" for a girl to ask a guy out? sometimes
(66) What's your opinion on sex without emotional commitment? don't have an oppinion
(67) Have you ever been romantically attracted to someone physically unattractive? no! God no!
(68) Do you think the opposite sex finds you good-looking? I'd hope so
(69) Would you be willing to give up sex in exchange for an emotional commitment you knew would last? perhaps
(70) Do you think the number of the last question was a coincidence? didn't even notice...
(71) What is your favorite possession? My tolkienian books and my brand new computer :)
(72) What physical, tangible possession do you want most? a house and a recording dvd-player
(73) How badly do you want it? I need it!
(74) Have you ever seen 'The Exorcist'? no
(75) How long did it take you to understand why the last question is in this section? i still didn't get it, I'm a blonde
(76) Does Christmas music too far away from Christmas annoy you? all the time :)
(77) How old do you think you will be before you stop liking getting older? when 21? dunno.
(78) What was the best Halloween costume you ever had? never had one
(79) What was the worst Halloween costume you ever had? check the earlier reply
(80) What holiday do you think has still managed to retain its original meaning? indepedence day
(81) There are currently no federal holidays during August, what should be put there? 29.8 or 27.8 (potc premiere here in Finland, the TTT dvd comes out here in Finland)
(82) How good is your short-term memory? awful
(83) How good is your long-term memory? even worst
(84) What is your earliest memory? some sort of dream when I was five
(85) What is your happiest memory (other than recieving this survey)? dunno
(86) What is your strangest memory? dunno
(87) What song, movie, etc. do you wish you could memorize? aníron's or some other elvish songs lyrics
(88) What movie makes/made you cry? The lion king
(89) What book makes/made you cry? don't remember.
(90) What song makes/made you cry? one day i'll fly away (don't ask why)
(91) What makes/made you laugh so hard you cried? nothing
THREE TRULY RANDOM QUESTIONS
(92) Would you like to be cloned? no
(93) Do you wish you could be alive when the world was ending, just to experience it? it depends on the ending :)
(94) Scaramouche, scaramouche, will you do the fandango? Pardon-moi?
(95) Do you think that one hundred and one questions is too long? I'm afraid so
(96) Do you think the one hundred interesting questions actually were interesting? nope
(97) Are you sorry you began filling it out? not really
(98) What question do you wish it had asked? -
(99) How would you have answered it? -
THE TWO MOST IMPORTANT QUESTIONS
(100) When was the last time you let the people you love know you love them? loong time ago
(101) What do you want the people who are reading this survey to know? dunno
I just had to do this test! But this test lies, I do have greenish eyes, not blue :)
What Color Eyes Should You Have?
brought to you by Quizilla
My newest obsession is Gael García Bernal and his movies. I have seen only two of them, but still. I've seen Amores Perros and El Crimen del Padre Amaro. That guy is so hot, and his smile is so perfect!
What 'Amores Perros' character are you?
But still, heh, Orlando Bloom is my favourite actor. I've seen 4 of his movies, FotR, TTT, BHD and wilde :) I just love that man ^_^
I suppose no one will *ever* read this journal, but I still want to write things down from my life.
Today we had the last test of our "exam week", or whatever it's in English... And it was chemistry! The test was so difficult! maybe it would've been easier if I had revised more, but shit happens. The school finally ends this saturday. I am so relieved! And then the summer holidays begin! A summer full of parties, music festivals and so on. I'm going to Ruisrock (you prolly don't know what it is... it's a music festival in the place where I live, in Turku, Finland). There will be bands like HIM, Hanoi Rocks, and so on.
Well, I don't have the time to write this now, I have to finish my French essay. And if someone really reads this, I'm sorry about my grammar (and other) errors, English ain't my native language...
Blurty for About my boring life....