I am looking into "hiring" a volunteer worker to be my Assistant Mood Theme Manager here on Blurty. What I am looking for, is a person who is willing to spend at least 1-2 days a week working for MoodThemes. A person familiar with the The Admin Console is preferred, but if you're a hard worker, and a fast learner, I'm more than willing to teach. You must be 18 or older. Members under 18 with Early Adopter accounts are the exception and may apply.
Duties include, but are certainly not limited to:
- Assistance in the review and approval of user submitted themes for public use.
- Installing/Coding submitted themes for use.
- Assistance in developing community activities.
- Research :)
Those interested, please send an e-mail (Subject line: Blurty MoodTheme Manager Application) to firstname.lastname@example.org including your Blurty Username, age, experience, amount of time willing and able to spend working on Moodthemes, and any other information you feel I need to know or that you feel sets you apart from everyone else. Give me a reason to pick you! Please add me, angel to your friend's list if your journal is friend's only. Free users who have no space left don't need to do this.
Any person hired who abuses any privlidges given to them as Assistant Moodtheme manager will immediately be fired, and benefits removed.
To answer some questions I have received via e-mail.
1) Yes there will be some benefits/compensation in the form of Blurty privs or something similar, but they are not negotiable and subject to admin approval which is why they are not being announced until after a 'hire'. Any "award" will be given dependant on the person(s) selected.
2) Yes, I will teach you everything you need to know. In fact, I already made up some comprehensive tutorials.
3) No you do not have to be 18. However, you must be within the Blurty Rules/Policy, meaning if you have a FREE account, you do have to be 18 or older.
4) No, I have not chosen anyone yet. I've received a few serious applications and I'm reviewing them, but I am not yet ready to hire so YES, you can still apply. I may hire more than one.