12/09/13 at 9:03pm]
I guess this is how it goes now... whole seasons and half years will go by before I sit down to type. Noah is sick and I'm on the verge of catching whatever he's got. This means an early night of crockpot homemade chicken noodle soup and pajamas curled on the sofa. I never pick up my laptop when I get home because I spend all day on the computer at work and so I simply don't post anymore. Social media is easy, I just grab my phone. But tumblr, blurty, and all of my personal outlets have fallen to the wayside.
It's so bizarre to realize I don't need these things anymore. I don't feel like there is anything missing without them. Is this the place in life I always hoped to get to? Too fulfilled to realize I'd forgotten to document everything? I'm just so busy all the time. Work is crazy but I like it. It really fills me whole. When I'm away from it I have two dogs, my boyfriend, and a house that I finally have the deed to to care for.
I had started tracking all the bests and worsts of 2013 on my iPhone Notes and maybe it's appropriate to post them here since I couldn't begin to rehash the past six months even if I wanted to. So since December is making it's way by me, here it is:
- Signed up for BirchBox
- Moved in with my boyfriend (or rather he moved in with me)
- Accepted a marketing position
- Adopted another dog
- Cleaned out the garage
- Attended the Superbowl on a whim
- Rekindled my love for Baja Fresh
- Transformed my fear of zombies into a love of zombies
- Got a $25,000 raise
- Partied with NSync in Key West
- Explored Nashville with college friends
- Discovered Birotecca and their brussel sprouts
- Transformed Annies old room into an office
- Experienced 2 major busts to the fact, thus leaving me with scars and stitches
- Lost a lot of good items to said adopted dog
- Grew a horrible allergy to we're-still-not-sure-what
Not too shabby. Life is good.
12/01/13 at 5:35pm]
We are not happy.