[Most Recent Entries]
Below are the 20 most recent journal entries recorded in
[ << Previous 20 ]
[ << Previous 20 ]
|Tuesday, April 14th, 2015|
* most of my entries will now be Friends Only *
* just comment to be added... i'm very open to new people *
* sorry to any readers without blurty... c'est la vie *
|Thursday, February 9th, 2012|
|Sunday, March 6th, 2011|
“I had this guy leave me a voice mail at work, so I called him at home, and then he emailed me to my BlackBerry, and so I texted his cell, and now you just have to go around checking all these different portals just to get rejected by seven different technologies. It’s exhausting.” - He's Just Not That Into You
|Wednesday, March 2nd, 2011|
i guess the only bonus of getting my period twice in two weeks is knowing that i'm really, really not pregnant.
|Saturday, December 11th, 2010|
perks of going back on the pill: breast growth.
drawbacks: only left breast growth.
|Sunday, October 24th, 2010|
it just came to mind that i currently have no one in my life to enjoy my cute lingerie. so sad!
|Friday, October 16th, 2009|
|Sunday, May 17th, 2009|
happy to say that the majority of my blurty entries during college are still accessable (as they were almost always public back then)... at least i won't lose all my college memories, as i was updating almost daily back then.
also, looking back, i was a friggin hysterical writer back in the day. grad school has made me so cynical and boring... that, or my life has become more boring leaving me with nothing but cynical information to write about.
college was so fun... going out every night, flirting, meeting new guys or seeing old crushes... there really was never a dull moment. it was fun playing the field, getting drunk, and hooking up randomly in a completely acceptable environment. ahh, the good old days.
okay blurty, wtf. i keep logging out and logging in, but it only recognizes my public entries. it usually automatically logs me in and shows me my friends only entries, but not today... i'm getting annoyed. any suggestions?
|Friday, March 20th, 2009|
spring has sprung. we're still seeing snow on the horizon (ugh), but i'm definitely in the spring spirit.
along with the change in seasons, my hormones are also in bloom. good lord, have i been a horny girl lately. i've started writing a lusty letter to Traveler in an attempt to release some of my thoughts. however, wherever i go these days, my eyes are wide open.
for instance, i missed a lot of gymtime recently with all my travels, busy school schedule, a lovely cold, and enjoying running outside in the nice spring weather. i was back on the treadmill today, and somehow a new variety of sexiness has found my gym. looking around, i saw one delicious muscle man and started swooning... then another... then another! i swear i've never seen any of them before, but they were tasty. naughty thoughts ensued.
even just passing smiles at the grocery store and eying the army man in uniform at the car shop are more frequent than usual. i'm not doing anything different to find all these sexy treats, so i have to chalk it up to the new season.
thank you, spring. ;)
|Monday, February 9th, 2009|
my computer is proceeding to croak. a tad frustrating, given:
- i purchased it less than 2 years ago
- i purchased it from a company now immediately going out of business
- the only way to get computer service is by being ON THE COMPUTER
poor planning in my opinion. for any computer savvy individuals, here's the deal. for a while my computer fan would get a little noisy, kinda like a rattling problem. i now keep it raised off the desk for proper air movement and, being freezing, figured the overheating issues had passed. today i turned it on (after letting it hibernate for about 4 hours... i know, oops) and it suddenly sounded like a buzz saw. like, loud enough that my roommate came from her room to ask what the noise was.
it sounds to me like if you had a little compact car and the engine was on, and then you tried to tow a 5000lb sumo wrestler, the engine would kind of rev and drag to try to complete the task. it's something like that, but i don't know what the eff the sumo aspect is!
turning off the computer silences it, and when it restarts it's fine. so far, it started up again so i shut down and let the computer have a bit of a nap. i started it up (to move some key documents to roomie's external harddrive - love her!) and soon the awful noise resumed. however, when i tilt the computer in a weird angle (picture the left side 40ish degrees off the desk, with the right side close to the desk and the front more forward than usual) it stopped completely and (knock on wood) has been quiet since.
now i don't know if it's a fan, a driver, or god punishing me for being a slut. regardless, trying to get this fixed will be a challenge problem requiring mailing this sucker away for a long time. inconvenient, but hopefully i can find out what's wrong soon. any thoughts??
|Saturday, February 7th, 2009|
words of wisdom
things not to do while drunk: self-tanning
|Friday, December 5th, 2008|
um... he's kinda wonderful. very nice guy, very polite, very... atypical of my type. we had a blast. :)
|Friday, October 24th, 2008|
i joined a gym today for the first time. i've always used school gyms or the workout rooms in my apartment complexes, and since i'm so into running outside, paying for a treadmill seemed like a big waste of money. however, i really don't like my workout room here which means i got incredibly lazy last winter and did NOTHING until spring. i felt so gross. this year, i decided to join a gym. upon researching, i also found out the marrieds belong to the gym by my house. today i finally got the balls (and health - see ya, cold!) to join.
i love it! i've really missed the atmosphere of a gym. lots of people there busting their asses and getting in shape. it also helps that each cardio machine has it's personal TV so you can incorporate couch potato syndrome into a workout. i toured around with a nice (cute) trainer before doing a little run. the treadmills are nice, the machines all look new, there are classes to take... i'm pumped for getting healthy!
.....okay but lets be honest here. i must admit that part of the excitement is that i LOVE being a gym girl. lots of attractive build guys being nice and flirtatious, checking you out in tight workout gear. guys are always impressed that i know how to use the machines and am not just a ditz on an elliptical. i come to work out, and guys tend to think that's hot. when i left today all sweaty and gross, all the guys at the counter smiled and asked how my workout was. if a guy thinks you look good when you're that much of a mess, just imagine what they'll think when i come in straight from my internship in my pencil skirt and heels. ;)
|Saturday, October 18th, 2008|
my fingertips trace your cheek to your chin
your soft hair tickles my hand
i feel your breath on my skin
as my lips part
soft lips meet in a firm kiss
twisting, turning, melting into you
tongues twirling in a romantic waltz
butterflies joining in the dance
kissing my way down your jaw
hearing you let out a sigh
letting my tongue linger over your collarbone
letting my hands feel your muscular chest
feeling your hands trace stories on my back
bringing my lips back to yours
meeting in an explosion of passion
pulling your body to mine
twisting, turning, melting into you
feeling your weight blanket over me
warm bodies turning into burning fire
teasing and tugging your dark hair
our breath syncing together
your fingers clasping mine
pressing my arms above my head
powerless, getting lost in you
fearless, feeling safe in you
twisting, turning, melting into you
|Saturday, September 27th, 2008|
i gotta say... i love blogs. i like my own for the fact that it's all about yours truly ;) but it also documents my life to look back on in the future. this baby is 5 and 1/2 years old (holy crap!) and i have a feeling i'll keep it up until someday waaaay down the line i end up with one lucky gentleman and the username no longer makes sense.
aside from my own blog, i love checking out other people's blogs, especially
the hysterical ones. i have a unique sense of humor, whereas what some people would find stupid, i find actually laugh-out-loud funny. and i do.
to be generous, i wanted to share with you all some of my favorite blogs. if you need a good laugh, voila:
- this chick is absolutely hysterical. and insane. she loves making fun of herself and her life, along with merging House and LoLcats, and toilet humor (which is in fact about her toilet). definitely worth a look!
- Kim certainly tells it as it is. she loves reminiscing about her drunken college days, as well as her drunken 20-something days, and comparing herself to Jesus. she's ridiculous and her blog is awesome.
- i think a lot of people are familiar with Fish, but i always come back to how clever her blog is. she's able to tell her life stories while somehow keeping things lighthearted and frequently laugh-worthy.
- finally, this isn't necessarily a funny blog, but some of the commentary on celebrity gossip is pretty awesome. also, who doesn't love trashing celebs?
go. read. enjoy. and then come back and comment. :)
|Friday, September 5th, 2008|
please please PLEASE send some prayers for the girl i always donate platelets for. she's in a very compromised state following her second bone marrow transplant and it could really go either way at a moment's notice. i feel so helpless being far away, but i know with cancer there is often nothing you can do but wait... and pray. even if you're not a praying individual, this girl deserves all the support and belief she can get right now. i really appreciate it!
|Friday, August 29th, 2008|
i have just now realized that i have a problem with summer.
it's not the season itself, which i adore with the beautiful weather, carefree not-real jobs, and plenty of outside laziness. however, since i've been in college/grad school, i let summers create an unhealthy infatuation with boys. observe...
this really began in college because this was my first time truly single since the beginning of high school, and also my first time moving away from one place for months at a time. observe the summers after each year in school:
- Freshman Year: my first time really being single in the summer following a shitshow breakup with Marcus in the winter. he and i start talking again and i get excited for fun with him (albeit only sexual) in the fall.
- Sophomore Year: Marcus and i hooked up in the fall, but nothing came of it. he finished school in the winter and moved (peace out). i met Brian (the original) in the spring and we had a brief hook up. that summer i swooned over him, loving when he called me or was in my town for a weekend and we got to see each other, and getting hopeful for the fall...
- Junior Year: Brian wasn't interested by fall (shocking) and i ended up moving on to 2 by the spring. 2 would also be staying one more semester, but at the end of the year i met My Giant who really interested me with his sense of humor. still, he was graduating but possibly sticking around. i talked with My Giant all summer...
- Senior Year: My Giant moved, 2 wasn't much fun, and i embraced senior year singlehood. after graduation, i moved home and almost immediately started dating Crush.
- Grad Year 1: still dating Crush, i pretty much moved in with him for a very up-and-down summer together. we went to california together, worked together, lived together, had a dog together... i was overwhelmed with togetherness, but couldn't imagine my life without him. he seemed happy, however. then too much togetherness ended our relationship suddenly towards the end of the summer. Crush crushed me.
- Grad Year 2: Crush, Marcus, and Hot Teacher were the ones who took over my thoughts this year. Crush and i were hooking up/casually dating at the beginning of the summer, but now FFF was the one on my mind after finally hanging out in May. i spent the summer thinking of reasons to come back to school to hopefully see him, looking forward to my friend's wedding, and anticipating coming back to school to start a romance with this sweet, nice guy.
alas, once again my summer fantasy seems to turn into disappointment. FFF seemed happy to talk to me while i was at home (one night just last week there were talks about going on his motorcycle, where i said my scaredycatness would result in me hanging on to him tightly, where he responded "i know, that's what i'm hoping for..."), and now that we're in the same zip code, nada. hello... i'm here; take me! if nothing else, having FFF in my mind helped me cope with Crush and i ending things, him being an asshole to me, and then dating someone new. and while i want to keep hope that there's a chance with FFF for something real (as he's the first genuinely nice guy i've been attracted to in a WHILE), i feel stupid getting my hopes high again.
i know when i'm really interested in someone if i tell my parents about him. RIGHT when i got home from school, my parents heard a bit about FFF. my mom wanted to see a picture of him from the wedding, and she thinks he's adorable. i agree. i just wish he would make some attempt to see me...
|Thursday, May 22nd, 2008|
...very cost efficient night out. ;)
|Tuesday, May 13th, 2008|
i miss when people updated and read Blurty... i feel it slowly dying. :(