Beatlemaniac's Blurty Entries [entries|friends|calendar]

[ website | Beatle Land ]
[ userinfo | blurty userinfo ]
[ calendar | blurty calendar ]

Shopping is fun. [29 Aug 2004|10:37pm]
[ mood | wet ]
[ music | "Comfortably Numb"- Pink Floyd ]

Today was a lovely day. I had a lovely breakfast of chocolate chip waffle-y goodness, which made me very happy. :)

After breakfast, I went with Mathilda over to her dorm because Sergio set up a book swap today, and I wanted to swap some books that I didn't need anymore. I ended up spending a good chunk of the afternoon there, which was a lot of fun. [Don't worry, I was already done with my homework].

Later, I went to Milton Point wqith Mathilda because she wanted to buy a coffee filter. We drove around looking for a place that sold coffee filters, but we couldn't find one. After about an hour, we ended up at a random shopping mall on the outskirts of Milton Point. It was a really cool mall, which made me happy. I saw these pants in the window of a random clothing store there and I had to investigate because they were BELLBOTTOMS! One of the salespeople helped me find the pair I had spotted, and I tried them on in the dressing room. Since they looked reeeeaaalllyy hot, they were the perfect length, and I could afford them, I decided to buy them. :D

After leaving the clothing store, Mathilda and I got some grub and then continued our search. Unfortunately, we didn't find any coffee filters that fit Mathilda's specifications. :(

After that, we drove home and went back to our respective dorms. I checked my email and then messed around on the Internet. The highlight was when I discovered that my two favourite browsers, Firefox and Netscape, had just released new versions of their programs, which made me very happy. Upon discovering this, I immediately downloaded both.

Later, I went down to the kitchen to make some popcorn. On the way back, I saw that Josette and Olivia's door was open, so I stopped to say hi to them. I ended up staying in their room for an hour. It was oodles of fun. :)

Okay, methinks it's time for bed. I must be awake for Portuguese tomorrow because that class rocks my socks. :)

post comment

Ah, the power of food. [29 Aug 2004|01:04am]
[ mood | food-y ]
[ music | "Just Push Play"- Aerosmith ]

Today [Saturday 8/28/04] was a lovely day. I went on a lovely adventure with Mathilda and Teresa to the ice cream shop in Aldenville, which was sooo much fun. I had a lovely tuna sandwich, an orange soda, and potato chips, which were all hella yumptious. I had fun chatting with Mathilda and Teresa about various random topics.

While we were in the ice cream shop, it started to rain very heavily. I was concerned that my hair would start frizzing up the wazoo, but by the time we went outside it had miraculously stopped raining. We managed to make it back to Mathilda and Teresa's room in a dry state, which made me very happy. Of course, once we got in there, it started to rain again and continued to do so until we went to dinner in the 5 o'clock hour.

After a lovely dinner, I went back up to my room and did some homework. I also fixed my speakers,which made me very happy. It turns out I didn't stick the plug into the speaker jack far enough, and that was why they were acting up.

After a while, I got really sweaty and hungry [my room is reaaaally warm], so I decided to go over to the Moonlight Café to get some grub and cool off. I had a lovely time chatting with Josette and Olivia. I also met a bunch of new people, including this really cool girl named *Mabel. I had a lovely time talking with Mabel and a bunch of freshmen who I hadn't met until tonight. They were really nice, and I had a lot of fun talking with them about everything from Condoleezza Rice to George Carlin. On a completely different note, I also had the opportunity to see Justine's room, which was nice.

After spending about 4 hours socializing [from about 8:30 pm to about 12:45 am], I came back to my room.

Now I think it's time to go to bed. I'm going to see a movie with Mathilda and Teresa tomorrow, and I want to be awake for it. It's either going to be "Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban" or "The Bourne Supremacy". In any case, it should be oodles of fun. :)

post comment

rings [27 Aug 2004|11:12pm]
[ mood | drained ]
[ music | "Happiness Is A Warm Gun"- The Beatles ]

Today was a lovely day. I was gelling my hair this morning and I put my ring on the little shelf under the mirror in the bathroom. When I reached for a paper towel, I accidentally hit the ring and it went down the drain of the sink. What a way to start a morning! Since I was in a hurry to get to class, I had to wait to solve the ring problem until after lunch.

I went to Portuguese and had a wonderful time. Professor Queijo was very happy to see me, which was really awesome. There are only 3 people in my Portuguese class, which is pretty amazing.

After that, I went back to my room, got my wallet, and then went over to the bookstore to buy some of my textbooks. I had lots of fun looking at the stacks of books on the shelves. I noticed that one of the books for the Crazy Frosh Class 101 is "Nickel and Dimed", which I read part of at home at one point. It was pretty funny to see it on the shelf as a textbook for a class.

Anyways, I bought my books for Portuguese, German, and Art and Advertising. It was oodles of fun.

After that, I lugged everything back up to my room and got the necessary materials for my next 2 classes, German and Intro to Performing Arts.

German was reaaaallly fun. The only person from my 101 class was Mary, one of my least favourite people. I think everyone else [besides Mary and me] were freshman, which should make the class very interesting. I had a lovely time practising my German, which came back MUCH faster than I expected. while the rest of the class was struggling with little weird verb problems, I was blabbering away as usual.

After that, I had to make a quick dash back to my room because I had neglected to find out where my Performing Arts class was held. After finding that out, I dashed over to the proper location and made it by the skin of my teeth.

The Performing Arts class looks like it's going to be a lot of fun, especially since we're going to see a LOT of plays at various locations on and off- campus. I was very excited about that.

After that, I went to lunch and had a lovely time chatting with Josette and Mathilda about classes and whatnot.

After lunch, I came back to my room and called Maintenance to see if they could retrieve my ring. I left a message on their machine, and a few minutes later, one of the Maintenance workers called me back and said that they would be able to retrieve my ring for me. A while later, I got my ring back, which made me extremely happy. :D

Over the course of the afternoon, I downloaded important updates for my computer, including iTunes 4.6 and various security updates. I also did my Porguguese homework, surfed the 'Net, and enjoyed myself. The Portuguese assignment was really interesting, which made me very happy. :)

Later, I went to dinner and had a lovely time chatting with Teresa and Lacey.

After dinner, I went upstairs and tried to figure out why only the left speaker is working on my computer.

Okay, time to start thinking about going to bed. It's been a loooong day.

post comment

My first day of classes. [26 Aug 2004|10:58pm]
[ mood | excited ]
[ music | "With A Little Help From My Friends"- The Beatles ]

Today was a lovely day. Since I didn't have class until 1:45 pm, I spent the morning rearranging my room because I didn't like the initial layout. I moved a bunch of things, and now I think it looks a lot better. Although it was exhausting moving all that furniture, it was totally worth it.

Later, I went to my one class, which is called Art and Advertising. It was really fun, and I had a total blast. We watched part of a video that the professor had taped on a trip to Philly that had all these examples of ads in it, which was really interesting.

After class, Mathilda asked me if I wanted to go to Milton Point with her because she wanted to run some errands there. I accepted happily, and we had a lovely time buying things. I bought a few things that I needed for my room, including an extra-long phone chord and Beef Instant Lunches.

After that, we came back to campus and went to dinner after dropping off our stuff in our respective rooms. I had a lovely time talking with my homies about random stuff.

After dinner, Mathilda and I went to opening convocation, where the college president officially reopens the college and so forth. Mathilda and I got seats near the front, and we had fun watching all the professors walk in in their academic robes.

After that, we walked back to our respective rooms. I went down to the lake to watch the seniors jump in [it's a tradition!], which was fun.

After that, I came back to my room and leafed through magazines to find ads for my Art assignment. It was oodles of fun. :)

Okay, time for bed. I have an 8:30 am class tomorrow, and I'd really like to be awake for it because it's Intro to Portuguese Literature. Good night.

post comment

Back in Aldenville, safe and sound. :) [25 Aug 2004|09:55pm]
[ mood | jet lagged ]
[ music | "Come Together"- The Beatles ]

Today was a lovely day. I flew all night last night from Phoenix to Philly, which was a very loong flight, especially considering the fact that I had middle seat- yeech! :( When I got to Philly [this morning], I had a nice long layover that allowed me to eat breakfast and lounge around for a while.

When my gate info for my Scranton flight finally came up on the Departures monitor, I went over to the gate to wait for my flight. While I was waiting there, I had the thought that the next time I will go through this airport [in December], I will be wearing long underwear and a down jacket.

As this thought was going through my head, I suddenly realised that I had left my down jacket on the plane from Phoenix to Philly. I scurried over to the customer service counter to see if anything could be done about it. The clerk typed a bunch of stuff into her computer, then went to the lost and found to see if it had turned up. A few minutes later, she reappeared with my jacket. I was so happy that there weren't words to describe my relief. I did, however, manage to thank the clerk and then went back to the gate.

Not long later, I boarded the plane for Scranton, where I got an aisle seat, which made me very happy.

Unfortunately, the flight to Scranton was incredibly bumpy, which was not fun at all. :( I was very relieved when we finally landed.

After I got off the plane, I went down to the baggage claim and waited what seemed like an eternity for my suitcases. When they came out onto the conveyor belt, I was extremely happy because I knew that our efforts to get a transfer tag on them back in Phoenix had paid off. :)

After I got my bags, I managed to drag them over to the curb with the help of a very nice woman who was also from Arizona. Once I got out there, the van driver pulled the van over to where I was standing and helped me get all of my crap into the van. [Don't worry, I thanked them both for everything ] Then we made the drive back to Aldenville, which was quite pleasant. :)

I was sooo happy to arrive back at school. After getting out of the van, I got my dorm key and took all of my crap upstairs over the course of the afternoon. I also greeted my friends and helped them unload their stuff while simultaneously fishing all of my stuff out of storage and walking around aimlessly talking to random froshies. It was oodles of fun. :)

Later, I ran into Mathilda and Teresa and spent the rest of the afternoon with them after checking my mail.

Yeech, this is getting really long and my fingers are getting tired. Better quit while I'm ahead.

Oh, and one more thing: we now have orange soda in the dining hall! Yay! :)

post comment

Packing, packing, and more packing. [24 Aug 2004|09:20pm]
[ mood | packed ]
[ music | "Travelin' Man"- Bob Seger [or Travelin' Woman, in my case] ]

Today was a lovely day. I spent the entire day packing, except for one short Beatles book break, breakfast, lunch, and dinner. I never realised how much stuff I've accumulated over the summer. It's utter madness.

Anyhoo, I'd better make this quick because Mom wants to leave for the intergalactic airport soon, but I would like to mention that we had meatloaf and stir-fry broccoli for dinner, which was hella tight.

After dinner, I had my last round of double fudge brownie goodness, and then I finished packing. It was oodles of fun.

Okay, time to wrap this up. See you in Pennsylvania! :)

post comment

I love technology. [23 Aug 2004|11:22pm]
[ mood | giggly ]
[ music | "The Letter"- The Box Tops ]

Today was a lovely day. In the early part of the afternoon, I went to Target to get a bunch of essentials before school starts. I had lots of fun looking at random shit there and getting stuff that was on my list. :)

After that, I came home and read more of one of my Beatles books. It's a day-by-day record of the "Let it Be" sessions. Parts of the book were really amusing, but for the most part it was just these long ass lists of songs and other weird stuff.

Later, I was summoned by Mom to go down to the computer because Mathilda was on Instant Messenger and she had IM'ed me. Unfortunately, by the time I got downstairs, she had put up an away message. Instead, I had a lovely chat with Justine, who is already back in Aldenville for sports. She told me about her campus job and we also talked about German because she is also interested in it [German].

Later, Genevive and Anastasia came over and we all went out to dinner. It was sooo much fun, and I enjoyed seeing them immensely. We talked about everything from college to what actor or actress would play you in a movie of your life. I suggested Brittany Murphy or Liv Tyler for me, but Mom and Silent Bob thought Lindsay Lohan would be a good match. Frankly, I think she's a little young to play me, but the hair colour is just right [I loooove red hair]. :)

Later, after Genevive and Anastasia left, I went on the computer to write my journal entry when I discovered a message from Justine. It was so humourous that I decided to save it and share it with my loyal fans.

Here is the message she left me:

Justine: Hey-- you aren't assigned YET for a job
Auto response from Me: Upstairs... rowr ;-)
Justine: So I don't know
Justine: :-(
Justine: Hey, my AIM was being weird, I hope that you got my previous messages: If not, have no fear, all I intended to tell you was you don't have a job thus far, but I don't think many people do yet. I only know because I've been here a few days and I saw Professor F and she told me right away about it when I saw her, as well as wrote me an email about working with her. ttyl.

[In case you don't know, "ttyl" means talk to you later].

Isn't that funny? :D

Okay, methinks it's time to do something else. As Tigger would say, "Ta ta for now". :)

Oh my goodness, I forgot to mention the weird phone call I got this morning! Bad Beatlemaniac!

All right, so I was sitting on my bed reading, minding my own business, when the phone rings. I raced like an Olympic sprinter to get it, and it was *Corinne, Patsy's aunt, calling from England to say that Patsy was feeling homesick and wanted to talk to Mom. Of course, since it was like 1:00 pm [in Arizona] I couldn't exactly hand the phone over to Mom because she was at work, so Corinne suggested that I talk to Patsy. I agreed, and she put Patsy on the phone. We talked for a few minutes, but the conversation was a little strained and I had to keep asking Patsy questions in order to get anything out of her. After a few minutes, Patsy handed the phone back to Corinne, and we talked for a little bit. Then she had to hang up because the call was mad ass expensive. Oh well, at least I got to talk to her. That was cool. 8-)

post comment

Ah, the wonders of real estate. [22 Aug 2004|11:59pm]
[ mood | pensive ]
[ music | "Act Naturally"- The Beatles ]

Today was a lovely day. I didn't do much in the early part of the day except read my library books. It was oodles of fun. :)

Later, Mom, Silent Bob, and I went to an open house at a house down the street from us. We know the owners because they have these really cute dogs named Sheba and Patches, and Patsy loves to wave at them when they walk by our house. Unfortunately, Sheba and Patches's owners have decided to move, so we went over to take a look at their house. It was a really cool house, and they had a ton of stuff in German on the walls. They've obviously done a lot of travelling in Europe, which is cool. 8-) I had fun reading all of the various signs and things that they had. My favourite sign was over the door, and it said Auf Wiedersen [goodbye] on it. It was wicked awesome.

After that, we came back home and I read more of my library books. I checked out 7, and I've already read 5 of them, which is pretty impressive, if I do say so myself. :)

We also went over to Hollywood Video to rent a movie. Originally, we were going to go out to see a movie in theatres, but then we decided it would be easier to just rent a movie. We spent about an hour at Hollywood Video trying to decide on a movie that we all could agree on, and we ended up getting "The Perfect Score". Oh, and by the way, Silent Bob drove us there and back in Chloe. Overall, he's a pretty good driver.

Speaking of driving, I still remember my driving instructor saying I needed to work on [direct quote] "sopping and wite turns". (Translation: stopping and right turns). It took me a long time to figure out what he was saying because he had an uber thick Asian accent. Ah, the wonders of the English language. ;)

Later, Silent Bob and I helped Mom make dinner, which was a lot of fun. We had teriyaki salmon, FRESH corn on the cob [mua hahahaha], stir-fry broccoli, and the best beverage of all time, milk. It was soooo fucking good that we were all just sitting there gobbling it up and not saying much of anything until we had polished off every last morsel.

After that, we watched "The Perfect Score", which is this movie about these high school kids who steal the answers to the SAT. It was really good, and I highly recommend it.

After that, I commandeered the 'puter to write this lovely entry. While I was writing it, Mom came in and took the computer away from me for a few minutes. Don't worry, she gave it back to me when she was done. :) I'll forgive her, even if she did commit one of the biggest sins in Grammar Land: starting a sentence with the word "and". It's one of my biggest pet peeves when it comes to grammar, and it bugs the crap out of me whenever I see it at the beginning of a sentence.

All right, all right, I've rambled on long enough. Time for bed.

post comment

Reading is fun-damental! :D [21 Aug 2004|10:06pm]
[ mood | spotted ]
[ music | "I'm So Tired"- The Beatles ]

Today was a lovely day. I didn't do much in the early part of the afternoon, but later, Mom, Silent Bob, and I went to the library to return our old books and get new books. I had lots of fun looking at Beatles books and other random stuff.

After we went to the library, Mom had the brilliant idea of stopping by the old house [where we had the rummage sale last December] to see what the new owner had done with the place. It turns out that he had remodled it completely, and now the house looks completely different. It was kind of weird, but also really cool at the same time. We had a lot of fun gaping at all of the crazy stuff he put in, including a pond in the backyard and a waterfall that goes through the house.

After that, we came back home and I decided to call Genevive to see if we could get together before I go back to Aldenville. We had a lovely chat, which was nice, and we decided that it would be best to get together tomorrow so that I could also see Anastasia [Genevive's daughter].

After that, Silent Bob persuaded Mom to get take out food from a sandwich place, and we all went over there to get it. Then we took it home [after paying for it, of course] and snarfed it down. I got a Turkey and Bacon Club that was soooooooo good.

After that, I went upstairs and read my new library books. It was oodles of fun. :)

Okay, time to go back to reading.

post comment

My last day of Cultural Centre-ness [20 Aug 2004|10:00pm]
[ mood | British ]
[ music | "Hello Goodbye"- The Beatles ]

Today was a lovely day. It was also my last day at the Cultural Centre. I mailed letters, deposited large sums of money, faxed stuff, made copies, took photos, and chatted with my co-workers. It was oodles of fun. When the day ended, the director gave me a hug and said that she would miss me. She also gave me her business card, which was cool. 8-)

When I finally got out of there, I was both relieved and a little sad at the same time. I had a lot of fun there, but I'm glad it's over because it means I can see Mathilda and Fred [Mathilda's car] again. :)

When I got home, I checked my email and then vegged for a while. I told Mom and Silent Bob about my last day at the Cultural Centre, which was cool.

Later, Mom and I made these uber bodacious bacon and cheddar cheese omelettes. They were soooo fucking good. We discovered the bacon in the freezer, hiding behind the Berry Rainbow Sherbet.

After dinner, Mom and I unloaded the dishwasher and then we vegged until it was time to pick up Silent Bob from a band function. After we picked him up, we went over to Target to get more milk. I was all set to buy my iPod, but then I realised I didn't have enough money for it. Oh well, I shall get it sooner or later. :-/

After that, we came home and I vegged for a while. Then I commandeered the 'puter to write this lovely entry.

Oh, in other news, Paul McCartney was mentioned in today's installment of "Mutts". In case you're wondering, "Mutts" is a comic strip that is about a cat named Mooch and a dog named Earl [I think that's the dog's name. Do correct me if I'm wrong]. Anyways, it was wicked awesome. I think I'll cut it out after I finish this entry.

Okay, time to cut out "Mutts" and then veg. It should be very intellectually stimulating, of course. ;)

post comment

The Beatles Trove found in Australia was a fake! [19 Aug 2004|10:58pm]
[ mood | relaxed ]
[ music | "I Want to Tell You"- The Beatles ]

Today was a lovely day. I went to the Cultural Centre as usual and did all kinds of things, including answering the phone, making copies, taking photos, translating stuff, and playing Grammar Police. I also talked to my co-workers and to random people who came in and out of the office. 'Twas oodles of fun. :)

Later, I came home and ate food. After that, I helped Mom find a recipe for cauliflower on the Internet. The recipe we ended up using was for cauliflower in a cream sauce. It was all right, but not as good as last night's stir fried broccoli. We finished off the rice pudding, which was good, although it was a little cold. :-/

After dinner, I went upstairs and read more of "Beatles Gear" by Andy Babiuk, a book I got a while back about- you guessed it- The Beatles' instruments and equipment they used both in the studio and on-stage. It's a good book, and I highly recommend it. In fact, I was reading for such a long time that I forgot to write my daily journal entry until Mom came in and asked me if I wanted the 'puter.

Okay, time to go back to reading. After that, I plan to go to sleep because tomorrow is my last day at the Cultural Centre and I don't want to be mad ass tired. :D

P.S.: If you're wondering what I'm talking about in the Subject line, apparently The Beatles artifacts found in Australia recently were fakes. Mathilda sent me an email about it, which was cool of her. 8-)

1 comment|post comment

Ah, the power of stir fry. [18 Aug 2004|11:17pm]
[ mood | pleased ]
[ music | "Maybe I'm Amazed"- Paul McCartney ]

Today was a lovely day. Mom asked Silent Bob and me to make dinner, so we spent the entire day planning it out and making it. It was a lot of fun, especially since we had most of the ingredients at home and we didn't have to get anything except for half and half and whole milk. We made the dessert, rice pudding, together, and then I made my un-famous spaghetti with cheese sauce. We also made stir fry broccoli, using a recipe from, which was cool. 8-)

Then, after we were done, we had to engage in one of my least favourite activities: cleaning up. Although it's something I really despise, one does feel a huge sense of accomplishment after scrubbing a bunch of large saucepans.

After we were done, I went upstairs and read one of my Beatles books for a while. It was oodles of fun. :D

Later, we ate some of the rice pudding, and it was goooood. I was very pleased. :D

After that, I commandeered the 'puter to write this lovely entry.

Damn, it's getting late. I'd better go to bed. It's been a hard day's night. :D

post comment

Back at cultural centre land. [17 Aug 2004|10:14pm]
[ mood | fine, luv :D ]
[ music | "Norwegian Wood"- The Beatles ]

Today was a lovely day. Pete and Patsy left at the quack of dawn to fly to Jolly Olde England, and they're still flying as I'm writing this. I looked up their flight, and apparently their flight to Europe got delayed 2 hours because of a maintenance problem. Sitting in airplanes for 2 hours sucks ass. I know, I've had it happen to me. They should be in Europe by 11:40 pm Pacific Time, and then they'll arrive in England at like 12:30am PDT. Yeech. Plus, it'll be morning when they get there, so they'll be sooooo jet lagged and all that rot.

Okay, back to more important stuff, such as MY life! :)

I went back to the Cultural Centre for my last week, and everyone was happy to see me. On the way to work, I heard "Come Together" (The Beatles) and "Band on the Run" (Paul McCartney), which was wicked awesome.

It was a pretty uneventful day, but at least the copy machine had finally gotten fixed, so we got lots of green [aka money] from that. I also had lots of fun talking with my co-workers when I wasn't answering the phones or helping the director out with something.

Later, I came home and ate a bunch of food. It was good.

After that, I checked my email. While I was emailing, Mom and Silent Bob came home.

Later, we had a lovely dinner of Lloyd's ribs. Those things are hella good.

After that, Mom, Silent Bob, and I cleaned up the kitchen. It was very intellectually stimulating.

When we were done, Mom and I went outside and put our feet in the pool. Sadly, the pool was still a little cold, but I have a feeling that it'll be toasty warm tomorrow because it's supposed to be mad ass hot again.

After that, I commandeered the 'puter to write this lovely entry. I also took this quiz called "What Do The Beatles Think of You?", which I will post below.

[edit:] Damn it, it didn't work. I'll just link it.

What Do The Beatles Think Of You?

post comment

Tomato worms are feisty creatures. [16 Aug 2004|11:19pm]
[ mood | amused ]
[ music | "Happy Together"- The Turtles ]

Today was a lovely day. I didn't do a whole lot of stuff except read the latest Levenger catalog and Time magazine. I also made weird Ello creatures with Patsy. It was oodles of fun. :)

While I was playing with Patsy, Silent Bob called me to get a ride home. I was all set to go get him and was asking him where his friend's house was when he suddenly interrupted me and said that he could get a ride from one of his friends. It was quite humorous. :)

Later, I went swimming with Mom and Patsy out in the pool. Pete finished fixing the solar heating, so now the pool should be nice and warm. Today the pool was 80 degrees, which was pretty nice. WeatherBug says it's supposed to get mad hot in the next couple of days, so then the pool will be like a bathtub. Now THAT'S my kind of pool water. ;)

Oh, and while we were out by the pool, I spotted a tomato worm crawling along next to one of the oversized flower pots in our backyard. I bent down to examine it, and then informed Mom of my discovery. She told me to go throw it out in the street. I took the squirmy tomato worm between my fingers and carried it out to the street. I was going to throw it in the street, but then I saw a crow in the park across from my house and I decided to throw the tomato worm in the park so a crow could have it for dinner. (Hey, at least that's better than my second idea, which was to stick it under one of Chloe's wheels and run it over. ) :D

Later, after the tomato worm incident, we had dinner. Don't worry, it was chicken, not tomato worms. :)

After dinner, we had more double fudge goodness and toffee bar crunch goodness. I put Kahlua on my ice cream, which would've been good, except that I put waaay too much on. Fortunately, I think the ice cream counteracted the alcohol, and I didn't get drunk. :)

Later, I read old isues of "Seventeen" and painted my nails a new and exciting colour: Estee Lauder Peach Something or Other. It looks a lot like the colour I had on last week, which was a medium earthy brown, but it's different. So there. :D

Okay, methinks it's time for bed. Tomorrow I go back to Cultural Centre Land, and I don't want to be uber tired for my last week.

Oh, and in other news, Pete and Patsy are going to my favourite country [Jolly Olde England], and guess who ISN'T going? If you guessed me, Beatlemaniac, you're RIGHT! :(

I'm a little annoyed, but Pete promised me he'd get me one of those "Mind the Gap" shirts, and I think that'll make up for it. So there. :)

post comment

Sleeping late is fun. :) [15 Aug 2004|09:31pm]
[ mood | blah ]
[ music | "I'm Only Sleeping"- The Beatles ]

Today was a lovely day. I slept in until 12pm, which was hella nice since I had to get up wicked early at camp. I had a lovely breakfast and read the comics and the newspaper and the Target and Kohl's ads, which was oodles of fun. Then I watched the USA Dream Team play Puerto Rico in the Olympics. After that, I was checking my email when I saw the headline on Yahoo! News that the Puerto Ricans had beaten the Americans. (Keep in mind that NBC was still broadcasting the game). It was really funny, and I was tempted to go tell Pete and Silent Bob [who were still watching the game] the outcome of the game. Don't worry, I didn't follow through with this evil idea. ;)

After that, I went back up to my room and read for a while. Later, I got hungry and went downstairs to make some chicken noodle soup. While the soup was microwaving, Mom, Patsy, Pete and Silent Bob came home within about a minute of each other. It was really funny. :D

After lunch, I went on a walk with Mom, Patsy, and Silent Bob to an open house on the street behind our house. The house was okay looking, although it was only one story and all the walls were painted in hideous colours. One of the rooms in the house was all brown, and another room had walls in this nasty pale yellow green colour. Yeech. =-0

After that, we walked back home and I went upstairs and engaged in my favourite activity: reading old issues of "Seventeen". By the way, the whole family thinks I'm too old for "Seventeen" and I should switch to "Cosmo" instead. Frankly, I don't get it because I think "Seventeen" is a good magazine. "Cosmo" has all these really misogynist headlines like "How to please him [aka your boyfriend] in ten easy steps". Whoever wrote that headline needs to be drawn and quartered. Wow, I'm so evil. :D

Okay, I'm digressing. Time to get back to the rest of my day. :)

After that, we had a lovely dinner of turkey burgers and carrots. Then we all tried this new flavour of ice cream that Silent Bob picked out at the supermarket. It's called Toffee Bar Crunch, and it's made by Dreyer's (or "Edy's", as those crazy Easterners call it :P ). It's pretty good, although I think it's a little too caramel-y for my taste.

By the way, "Caramel" is pronounced "CARE-uh-mel ['mel' rhymes with 'bell']", not "CAR-mull". If you pronounce it the latter way, then you suck. That also goes for "February" [it's "FEB-roo-airy", not "FEB-you-airy"].

After that, I commandeered the 'puter to engage in my journal-ular activities.

Okay, methinks it's time to do something else.

post comment

home sweet home [14 Aug 2004|11:57pm]
[ mood | wheeeee! ]
[ music | "Homeward Bound"- Simon & Garfunkel ]

Today was a lovely day. After a lovely breakfast, we all packed up our shit, did a billion rounds of checking under the beds and in the drawers to make sure we hadn't left anything, and then loaded up the car. Although it was a bit tedious, I was glad to do it because I knew that it meant I was going home. Yes, the camp was fun, but it was a bit disappointing because the one activity I was looking forward to [Portuguese hour] got cancelled, and there weren't a lot of activites that appealed to me. Sometimes I wonder why I even bother going. :-/

The drive home was nice, and we heard a lot of good music on the radio. While we were still near the camp and we couldn't get any Phoenix stations, I pulled out my Beatles and Paul McCartney tapes and we listened to the Blue Album (aka "The Beatles 1967-1970") and "Help!". Mom and I had fun singing along to the eponymous song when it came up on the tape. :-)

When we got home, we unloaded our shit and then I ate some lunch and checked my email. After that, I unpacked my stuff, which didn't take me very long, which was nice. :-)

After that, I finished reading "A Hard Day's Write" and learned all kinds of neat facts about various Beatles songs that I had never seen anywhere else. I plan to use them in a trivia quiz sometime in the near future. I've written all the questions down; I just need to figure out which ones to use and what order I should put them in.

After finishing the book, I came downstairs to see what the story was with dinner. It turned out that the parental units had decided to go out to dinner. Silent Bob suggested T.G.I. Friday's, which was approved by the rest of the family. I had my usual bacon and cheddar potato skins and a Shirley Temple, and they were both hella good. :-)

After that, I listened to Mom read "Heidi" to Patsy, which was fun. There was a sentence in tonight's chapter that struck me as incredibly hilarious. The sentence was "But Peter's appetite was equal to anything and he fell to with a stolid determination that soon dispatched the vestige of his dinner" ("Heidi", 230-231). Isn't that a riot? :-D

After that, I had to copy down the sentence because it was so funny. I then ended up reading the rest of the book. I also read a few sections which I had not heard because I kept coming back to our cabin late while we were at family camp and thus never heard Mom read those chapters to Patsy. As a result of this, I got so absorbed in the book that I completely lost track of time and didn't realise that I hadn't written my daily entry until now. =-0

Okay, methinks it's time for bed. I am sooo sleep deprived from going to bed late and waking up early at camp. Perhaps I shall sleep mondiferously late. Actually, that sounds like fun. Good night. :-)

post comment

singing and singing and more singing [13 Aug 2004|11:17pm]
[ mood | worn out ]
[ music | "Help!"- The Beatles ]

Today was a lovely day. In the morning, I did another watercolour with the reaaallly hot art instructor. There are so many hot guys at this camp. It's unbelievable. All of the hot guys must have gotten together and decided to come to this camp for my viewing pleasure. Yow!

Anyhoo, I did a lovely picture of the Beatles, which looks hella awesome, even though the black watercolour on Ringo's hair got blended into the peach on his face and made his face turn gray. But that's another story.

After that, I ate a lovely lunch and didn't have any cucumber incidents. I did, however, have some orange sherbet for dessert, which was hella good.

After that, I let my food digest and then went off to singing land with Mom. Singing dude had our tie dye shirts for the show, and I went through all of them to find one that was small enough so it wouldn't hang on me like a sheet. I found one in the pile that was a kid's large (size 10-12), and it looked hella hot.

After that, I participated in the egg drop with Pete and Silent Bob. I helped Pete put the finishing touches on his egg dropping contraption, which was made out of tennis ball cans, masking tape, and string. I'm happy to report that the egg survived the 20 foot drop, which was awesome. We won the award for the sportiest egg dropping container, and for our efforts, we each got a free milkshake.

After receiving our prizes, we decided to head over to the gift shop/ soda fountain to get our milkshakes. Silent Bob told me that milkshakes taste really good if you make them with root beer instead of milk, so I decided to try it. The worker gave me a strange look when I asked for my shake with root beer, but she complied with my request. When I got my mint chocolate chip milkshake, I took a sip and was amazed. IT WAS SOOOO GOOD! I think it was the best milkshake I've ever had. Next time I go to an ice cream parlour and I order a milkshake, I'm totally getting it with root beer. I suppose that would make it a root beer shake.

After that, we went to a Shabbat event, which was fun. I got to have some wine, which was hella fun. I love religious ceremonies involving wine.

After Shabbat, we all went to dinner. It was really good, but I had eaten so much challah and drunken so much wine that I didn't eat very much.

After that, Mom and I went to our last acapella rehearsal and put on all our tie dye t-shirts and whatnot. I wrote "I heart Paul" [it was a heart, not the word "heart"] on my cheek with lipstick, which looked really cool.

After a bit o' rehearsing, we did the show for the entire camp. It was wicked awesome, and we got a standing ovation. Everyone got excited when we finally revealed the secret song [aka "Aquarius/ Let the Sunshine In"], which was neat. I also had fun getting in touch with my inner Liverpudlian when we were singing "Help!".

After that, we went to the staff talent show. Some of the counsellors sang songs, and they were really good. One of the counsellors sang a song that she had written, which was really neat.

After that, I went to the Teen dance even though I'm not a Teen by the camp's definition. There were other Post Teens there, which was nice. Unfortunately, the music was rawther loud and obnoxious, but I pretended to like it and decided to just dance for the sake of dancing. THAT was a lot of fun.

After that, I went to the computer room to get my last dose of Mac-ness before I go back to the Dark Side for a little while. I'm gonna miss these iMacs sooo much. They're such awesome computers.

Okay, methinks it's time for bed before I fall asleep on the iMac.

post comment

more fun with singing- la la la la la [12 Aug 2004|10:28pm]
[ mood | weird ]
[ music | "Roll Over Beethoven"- The Beatles ]

Today was a lovely day. In the morning, I did more watercolour paintings, which was oodles of fun. I did a painting of Paul McCartney on a surfboard, which was cool.

After that, I had lunch, which was oodles of fun. Unfortunately, I got a piece of cucumber stuck on the side of my esophagus, and it totally spoiled my lunch, which was really sad.

After that, I was lazy for a while, and later I went to acapella land. We worked more on "Help!" and "Aquarius", which was really fun.

Later, I checked my email and then went to dinner. Dinner was pretty good, which made me happy.

After dinner, I went to a Beethoven music thing. The dude who played the piano was sooo good. His playing was unbelievable. After that, this random guest who I met a few days ago sang a bunch of opera arias for me and a bunch of other people. She is such a good singer. I think she'll be singing at the Met someday. That would rock my socks.

After that, I went to a hula workshop, which was really fun. I learned some new steps, and it was really fun.

Damn, I can't think of anything else to say and all these other kids are trying to go on AIM, which I don't feel like doing because all of my homies are asleep right now because they're in the Eastern time zone.

post comment

marshmallows and linen queens [11 Aug 2004|11:02pm]
[ mood | giggly ]
[ music | "School's Out Forever"- Alice Cooper ]

Today was a lovely day. First and foremost, I'd like to wish everyone a happy Cheech and Chong Day. I saw this on a random site when I was surfing the net earlier today, and I thought it was so funny that I decided to share it with all of you.

Second and secondmost, I will tell you about my lovely day. Today was Family Day at family camp (hee hee), so all of the activities were family oriented. I went down to the beach-ular area with Mom, Pete, Patsy, and Silent Bob. I watched people play games and whatnot, including an egg toss that Pete and Silent Bob participated in. It was oodles of fun.

However, the highlight of the beach activities was the barbecue lunch, featuring THE most heavenly chocolate chip cookies on the face of the Earth. They're so good that if you don't get them while you get your regular food, you might not get any. In my opinion, they are one of the two best kinds of cookies that I have ever tasted (the other kind is DoubleTree hotel cookies). They also had grilled hotdogs, which are wicked awesome.

After an uber yumptious lunch, I went to a knitting thing with Mom and Patsy. I tried valiantly the entire hour to get the damn stitch down, but it was so freaking hard that I finally gave up. Perhaps I'll try it again at some other point when I'm in a better frame of mind.

After that, I did a weird painting of the lake with the wrong colours. This may become a reoccurring theme here at family camp land.

After that, I went to acapella land with Mom. We continued working on "Help!" and "Aquarius/Let the Sunshine In", and it was a lot of fun. The singing dude made up this crazy choreography that made it all even funnier.

After that, we all got a family portrait taken by the camp photographer. It was oodles of fun, although it took a while to get everyone organised and over to the photo shooting location.

After that, we all went to dinner. Dinner was pretty good. They had tiramisu for dessert, which made me soooo happy because tiramisu is my absolute favourite dessert in the entire universe. It was orgasmically good, which made me very happy.

After that, I went to the internet room and checked my email. That was when I found out about Cheech and Chong Day. I also had a lovely conversation with Mathilda on instant messenger. I told her about my evil plan to corrupt Teresa, which she thought was incredibly hilarious. If anyone has any suggestions for things to do in the corrputing process, leave a comment. Why do I want to corrupt Teresa, you might ask? Because she's has probably never cussed in her entire life. It makes me want to smack her when she says "Jeepers!" instead of "Shit!".

Anyhoo, I had a lovely conversation with Mathilda until Mom summoned me because she wanted me to take Patsy to the campfire/ smores-fest thingamabobber. Soooo, I took Patsy, a towel (to sit on) and a flashlight, and we set off for the campfire/ smores-fest. We each had a smore, and they were hella yumptious. I went over to the singing counselors (including singing dude), and sang along with them. One of the Teens (a Teen in this case is a person between the ages of 15 and 18 who is still in high school) didn't think I knew all the words to "Hey Jude" by the Beatles. I responded, "Are you disputing my authority as the Beatle Queen?"

Then, I proved that I knew the lyrics [to "Hey Jude"] by singing it along with singing/ acapella dude. It was awesome proving that Teen wrong.

After that, I met Mom, Pete, and Silent Bob at the improv show. It was the funniest thing I've ever seen in my life. I was laughing my ass off. Plus, one of the counsellors in the skits was from England, which I thought was totally fab.

Okay, time to go to bed before I get bitten by some weird insect that I've never heard of. For some odd reason, the computer room has a lot of flying insects at this time of the night. Isn't that weird?

post comment

Grout is fun. [10 Aug 2004|09:43pm]
[ mood | full of apple cider-y goodness ]
[ music | "The Continuing Story of Bungalow Bill"- The Beatles ]

Today was a lovely day. I didn't do much this morning except go out in a pedal boat with Mom. It was actually really fun, but the damn rudder on the boat sucked major ass, which made it impossible to pedal the boat forward. How sad is that?

After my lovely pedal boat excursion, I checked my email and then went to lunch. Lunch was all right, but not as good as yesterday. Oh well, c'est la vie.

After lunch, I went with Mom and Patsy to a crafts thing. We made coasters, which was hella fun. My coaster is the British flag, mosaic style. It's wicked awesome, yo. I also got to put grout on it, which was hella fun.

After that, I hung around and was lazy until dinner time. They had these hella tight mashed potatoes at dinner that were soooooo goooood. I was in mashed potato heaven.

After dinner, I went to German hour, which was hella fun, except that everyone was speaking so fast that it was really hard for me to get in a word edgeways. At least everyone was impressed with my accent. Woot woot! That rocks my socks like bagels and lox.

After that, I played cards with a bunch of other people, which was fun.

After that, we attempted to go to a dancing thing, but it was unsuccessful.

After that, I wrote this lovely entry. Yay!

Okay, time to go. Apparently there's a time limit on computing. I'm probably waaay over it by now.

post comment

[ viewing | most recent entries ]
[ go | earlier ]