Below is information about the "pithy" community. This an open-membership community. To join, click here. You may leave the community at any time.
Welcome to Pithy! My name is Nic, I'm the creator/mod for this community. This community is all about writing. I really hope to see it turn into a place where writers can come and post things they're working on (any kind of writing) and get criticism and feedback and encouragement. I'm also hoping to routinely post challenges and assignments and the like to help writers along, encourage them to branch out and try new things, and maybe even for a little bit of inspiration. I cannot promise you membership, but please do try for it. Hope to read something of yours soon. :)
profile codes | creator of journal profile header
As we all know, communities need rules. Mostly just so the mod can have some basis for a reprimand if one is ever needed. I'm hoping to not have to step between any members, but these rules are in case I end up in that unfortunate position.
001. Please, please, please be courteous to other members. We're all here for the same reason. That reason being to further ourselves as writers. No one comes here to be ripped apart by nasty critiques. If I deem a critique as unnecessarily harsh, I will delete it. Multiple offenses will result in banning. :(
002. If you participate in a prompt, please leave your results in a comment or another entry! We're all hoping to improve and develop here, and the best way to do that is to encourage and assist each other. We can't do that if you never share anything! The more you share, the more we can help. Also, please participate in the challenges/exercises/assignments. They're all in good fun and I'd love to be able to get people trying new things! :)
003. Please put lengthy posts behind a cut tag. If you're posting explicit material, please post it behind a cut tag as well with a little warning somewhere in there. If you don't know how to use cut tags, you can go to this link: http://www.livejournal.com/support/faqbrowse.bml?faqid=75
004. This is just the internet everyone, let's keep that in mind. If you have a personal issue with someone, please address it on your own outside of the community or ignore the person all together. Thank you. :)
005. Don't feel obligated to only post writing or something writing-related. While that is the main focus of the community, another focus I would like to draw attention to would be the relationships I hope members can form with each other. I think feedback and critiques are more readily accepted not only from people you trust to be honest and know what they're talking about, but people you trust in general. I want this to be a very close-knit community, so please, feel free to post whatever you like. :) A story from your day, a joke, a song lyric you find inspirational. Keep the heart of this community in mind, but be relaxed. Don't over-do it, but don't be afraid of making posts that aren't writing related. I'll let you know if I think it's getting a bit out of hand. :)
006. I'd like to keep all the entries tagged (via the "memories" option blurty offers), and the easiest way for me to manage that for you guys is if you "tag" your entry yourself in the Subject line. You can always check here for possible tag options, or go here to request a new tag. Just type in the tag exactly as it appears in your Subject box and I'll make sure it gets listed. I appreciate your help!
007. I am probably going to need to request a sample of your writing or proof of your critiquing abilities if you want to join; please don't think I'm obnoxious. I'm just trying to see how serious you are about writing and/or critiquing. This community isn't just somewhere to come to get praise for a poem having good intentions, or to provide empty praise instead of useful critiques; it's a serious writing community and you're expected to give back to the other members. Which means you need to have some sort of knowledge of writing. Please don't get offended if I don't think you're quite serious enough, you can always try again later on if you find yourself more enthusiastic about writing. By the way, if you're a beginning writer you don't have less of a chance of getting in, if you're enthusiastic and honestly interested in furthering yourself, please do make an effort! :)
|Interests:||40: alternate dimensions, alternate universes, books, comedy, creative writing, creative writing prompts, crime, critiquing, dialog, drama, editing, exercises, expression, fantasy, feedback, fiction, grammar, horror, imagination, literature, lyrics, mystery, non fiction, novellas, novels, philosophy, poems, prompts, punctuation, reading, reality, reviews, romance, science fiction, short stories, stories, words, writing, writing assignments, writing exercises|
|Members:||8: blackmarketpoet, gbee, gutterflower7, halfofmyheart, hated, nicopeeko, paroxysmstopith, unnatural|
|Watched by:||9: blackmarketpoet, gbee, gutterflower7, halfofmyheart, hated, lifestartsnow, nicopeeko, paroxysmstopith, unnatural|
|Account type:||Free User|