Amazingly enough, there are actually a couple of things that may be at least moderately interesting that happened in the last few days. Let see.
1) First and foremost, I'm switching ISP's. I've got a couple more things to do before it's officially done - switch over my address book, for example, and alert the people on my IM lists. At least the ones I can still get in contact with. This doesn't really have an effect on this journal, though.
2) Found out that there is a chance that I will be transferring to a new team here at work. This is good, to a point - no more on-call pager, but I'd need to work the occasional weekend. Nothing is official, but my name came up in conversation. I'm kinda hopeful.
3) I've been working (half-heartedly, I'll admit) on a resume and work sample for a game designer in Canada. I've almost got the sample finished. The reason I'm only working half-heartedly is that, even if I get offered a position, I don't know if I could take it for financial reasons. Then there's the move, which would be north and 2 time zones west of here. And I don't know if I could get the cats across the border. Still, I'd like to try.
4) Saw X2. Twice. I like it. I dub this yet another good superhero movie. Not as good as Spider-Man, but hey, they tried. Besides, I'm biased - I'm a webhead.
5) I share an apartment with my nephew while he's in college. He gave me rent - for 5 months. Which allowed me to pick up a new bookcase without wondering if I'd make all the bills this month, and that is a good thing. I rearranged the books as well, and I need one more bookcase. Currently, I've got a stack (more like four or five stacks) in the floor that consists of Tolkein, Harry Potter (which I still need to read at some point), and Lovecraft (fishy goodness). Plus then I need to figure out what to do with the paperbacks.
I picked up two CD's over the weekend too - DJ Krush "The Message at the Depth" and Sophie B. Hawkins "Tongues and Tails". I grabbed the DJ Krush disc for the song "Aletheuo (Truthspeaking)". The Sophie B. Hawkins disc? I had the tape and I enjoyed it. I listened to it this morning here at work. I played out a fight for a story while listening to one of the slower songs on the album - superbeings fighting while a slow (roughly 80 beast per minute, for the musical types) love song plays in the background. It worked. Trust me.
I read a lot of webcomics. For anyone who's looking for something funny, well written, and sometimes sick and twisted (gotta love sick and twisted), check out Something Positive. Perhaps you've heard of it.
That's all I have for the moment.
|© 2002-2008. Blurty Journal. All rights reserved.|