Just finished No. 20.
I read H.G. Wells War of the Worlds.
I have been a fan of the older movie version of this book. Not the new Tom Cruise one.
Anyway, the book is quite different from what I remember the movie to be.
In the book the invasion happens strictly within England, while in the movie it is throughout the whole world.
It also takes place in what I assume is an older time frame. I get the feeling that most of the travel is still done by horse and carriage.
The book is told throught the eyes of one man, and his struggles to survive.
I think I would grade it a B/B+
Book List 2012:
1. Schulz and Peanuts by David Michaelis
2. The Avengers: Too Many Targets by John Peel and Dave Rogers
3. The Journey of Crazy Horse by Joseph M. Marshall III
4. Witches Abroad by Terry Pratchett
5. Eva Braun by Heika B. Gortemaker
6. Bound in Flesh by David Thomas Lord
7. All of Me by Anne Murray and Michael Posner
8. Small Gods by Terry Pratchett
9. Bloody Bones by Laurell K. Hamilton
10. Lords and Ladies by Terry Pratchett
11. The Killing Dance by Laurell K. Hamilton
12. An American Original Walt Disney by Bob Thomas
13. Men at Arms by Terry Pratchett
14. Audition by Barbara Walters
15. Kingdom Keepers V Shell Game by Ridley Pearson
16. Tom Sawyer by Mark Twain
17. The Queen Mother by William Shawcross
18. 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea by Jules Verne
19. The Long Earth by Terry Pratchett and Stephen Baxter
20. The War of the Worlds by H.G. Wells
|© 2002-2008. Blurty Journal. All rights reserved.|