Finally finished book No. 14.
I read Auditions by Barbara Walters. It's is an autobiography. It's a little bigger than a regular paperback book, smaller print, and a couple of pages short of 600 pages. So it took awhile. lol.....
It was a really good read. Well most of it was. It was interesting to read about her childhood growing up with a father who was involved with showbizness. Lou Walters ran several different night clubs along the East Coast, and Las Vegas. Interesting, but very hard too. Her father was never home. Her mother resented him. Her sister was mentally handicapped.
She had three marriages that didn't work. One adopted daughter that went through a very rebellious time.
She also had to struggle through a time when it was a man's world in the news broadcasting business.
I would say the only part of the book I didn't enjoy was when she started to discuss many of her interviews she has conducted. Most were fun and or interesting. However, she has a way of making the "bad guys" seem like the victiims. Monica Lewinsky, the Menendez Brothers, Martha Stewart, Micheal Milken.....
All in all it was a good/enjoyable read.
Book List 2012:
1. Schulz and Peanuts by David Michaelis
2. The Avengers: Too Many Targets by John Peel and Dave Rogers
3. The Journey of Crazy Horse by Joseph M. Marshall III
4. Witches Abroad by Terry Pratchett
5. Eva Braun by Heika B. Gortemaker
6. Bound in Flesh by David Thomas Lord
7. All of Me by Anne Murray and Michael Posner
8. Small Gods by Terry Pratchett
9. Bloody Bones by Laurell K. Hamilton
10. Lords and Ladies by Terry Pratchett
11. The Killing Dance by Laurell K. Hamilton
12. An American Original Walt Disney by Bob Thomas
13. Men at Arms by Terry Pratchett
14. Audition by Barbara Walters
|© 2002-2008. Blurty Journal. All rights reserved.|