|Current mood:|| sleepy|
I did this survey back when I got an LJ. I redid it today because E bought me a paid account, and I thought it was time (almost two years have passed since I first did it, but I'm only about 100 feet from where I did it. Odd).
(0) What’s the time/date now? 3:48 AM, Monday, December 8, 2003.
(1) The singular most boring question: what is your name? Patrick.
(2) Are you happy with it? It's a quality name.
(3) Are you named after anyone? My parents say that I'm not really named after anyone, but my great-grandfather was Patrick Francis Griffin. I don't see how that would be a total coincidence.
(4) Your nickname: I don't have nicknames other than the cute names E calls me, of which "mew" is my favorite.
(5) Your screenname: AIM is "Padraiceen", and for everything else, I try to use some form of "Ghaleon". I somehow managed to snag "Sephiroth" on the PvP forums, though.
(6) Would you name a child of yours after you? As I said before, E gave me a very good reason why that might be a bad idea.
(7) Then what would you name your children? I think E and I have decided that Alyssa and Ryan are quality names. Everything else is going to be some sort of product name so we can sell them to multinational corporations for profit.
(8) If you were born a member of the opposite sex, what would your name be? The "Penelope" story is false. I would have been a Melissa, apparently.
(9) If you could switch names with a friend, who would that be? I have a better name than anyone else, still.
(10) Are there any mispronounciations/typos that people do with your name constantly? My last name gets spelled "Griffen", "Griffon", "Gryffon", and "Griffith" more often than I'd like to recall.
(11) Would you drop your last name if you became famous? Nope. It's very dignified.
(12) Your gender: Male, just like the first time I did this. Glad I don't have to update that.
(13) Straight/gay/bi? Straight as an arrow.
(14) Single? Taken as hell.
(15) Want to be? Not on your life.
(16) Your birthdate: October 12
(17) Your age: 24
(18) Age you act: Probably somewhere in my thirties, unless I'm around E. Then I turn goofy.
(19) Age you wish you were: I'd like to be 22 again. ^^
(20) Your height: Depending on who measures me, I'm between 5' 10" and 6'.
(21) The color of your eyes: Hazel.
(22) Happy with it? Very.
(23) The color of your hair: Apparently, I correspond to the darkest shade of blonde. But my beard is red, which rules.
(24) Happy with it? My beard, yes. I couldn't care less about the rest.
(25) Left/right/ambidextrous? Righty, with a trainable left.
(26) Your living arrangement? Dorm in Dublin across the street from the apartment I had when I first did this survey.
(27) Your family: Parents, step-parents, cats, dogs, brother, etc.
(28) Have any pets? Kazoo, Sassy, Stymie, and Boa (cats). Corky and Samson (dogs). Cats > dogs. Samson is an exception.
(29) What’s your job: Grad student.
(30) Piercings? Nope.
(31) Tattoos? Thankfully, no, because then, I'll never have to have them removed.
(32) Obsessions? Final Fantasy, Erika, gaming, history, anime, manga, reading, and cooking.
(33) Addictions? How are the two different?
(34) Do you collect anything? Baseball cards, video games, rare books, and degrees.
(35) Do you speak another language? With varying levels of success, Irish Gaelic (Old and Modern), Latin, Anglo-Saxon, Spanish, Italian, Welsh, Scots Gaelic, and Breton.
(36) Have a favourite quote? "Something's sure going to happen."
(37) Do you have a webpage? Yep. It needs a new layout that someone promised me forever ago.
DEEP THOUGHTS about life and you in it
(38) Do you live in the moment? Not really. The historian in me won't allow that.
(39) Do you concider yourself tolerant of others? Everyone except the stupids.
(40) Do you have any secrets? Only around Christmastime.
(41) Do you hate yourself? No, I don't, really.
(42) Do you like your handwriting? I like what I said before: handwriting is intended to be a barrier to understanding, and mine is scribbly, so it does very well.
(43) Do you have any bad habits? Staying up too late to do surveys I've already done is just the tip of the iceberg.
(44) What is the compliment you get most from people? That I'm smart. I am, but that doesn't mean I have the answers.
(45) If a movie was made about your life, what would it be called? "Bride of the Atom," but Ed Wood stole it, so I'll stick with "Arrogance" and make it a dark comedy.
(46) What’s your biggest fear? That something will happen to E.
(47) Can you sing? E says I can, still. I say I can, but I shouldn't, for the good of humanity.
(48) Do you ever pretend to be someone else just to look cool? Isn't that unhealthy?
(49) Are you a loner? It depends on the people I have as options. When I'm around E, much less so.
(50) What are your no. 1 priorities in life? Love, knowledge, and comfort.
(51) If you were another person, would you be friends with you? Yep. But God, the NOISE...
(52) Are you a daredevil? Mmm... rollercoasters. Specifically, that one at Six Flags Magic Mountain. That pwn3d.
(53) Is there anything you fear or hate about yourself? My ability to condescend.
(54) Are you passive or aggressive? Both, depending on my mood. I'm often more externally aggressive, but internally passive.
(55) Have you got a journal? No. I have no journal. Those who have said I have a journal will be spitted over the fires of Allah by the Iraqi people until they are dead and cooked to a golden brown. (I love that Info Minister guy.)
(56) What is your greatest strength and weakness? Intelligence vs. Expression.
(57) If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be? Gotta stick with weight and height.
(58) There are three wells, love, beauty and creativity. You can only drink out of one. My answer remains the same: I have love, and beauty is relative, so creativity.
(59) How do you vent? Gaming, cooking, ranting.
(60) Do you think you are emotionally strong? I think so, yes. I'm stronger when I'm around E, because she reassures me just by existing.
(61) Is there anything you regret doing/not doing in life? Of course.
(62) Do you think life has been good so far? Very.
(63) What is the most important lesson you’ve learnt from life? "This, too, shall pass."
(64) What do you like the most about your body? My eyes, my hands, and my smile.
(65) And least? My feet remain hideous. And while I've made some peace with it, I still would like there to be somewhat less of me.
(66) Do you think you are good looking? That depends on who is looking, doesn't it?
(67) Are you confident? Yes.
(68) What is the fictional character you’re most like? I'm going to stick with Gandalf.
(69) Do people know how you feel? Not unless I want them to.
(70) Are you perceived wrongly? Sometimes, and sometimes intentionally.
(71) Smoke? Allergic.
(72) Do drugs? Nope.
(73) Read the newspaper? Yep. Sports and comics, then business, then world and national events.
(74) Pray? Occasionally.
(75) Go to church? Sometimes, if I like the priest and he knows his scholastic theology.
(76) Talk to strangers who IM you? No IM, no talky. When I get back to the States.
(77) Sleep with stuffed animals? I hold onto a pillow, unless I'm sleeping with E, and then we snuggle.
(78) Take walks in the rain? Of course.
(79) Talk to people even though you hate them? Talk *down* to people, yes.
(80) Drive? Like a middle-aged man. I'm cautious.
(81) Like to drive fast? Not particularly, unless it's on a nice flat stretch of highway. Even then, the Blue Bomb (1989 Pontiac 6000LE wagon) has major issues kicking into overdrive.
WOULD OR HAVE YOU EVER…
(82) Liked your voice? Of course. My voice is wonderful.
(83) Hurt yourself? Not on purpose.
(84) Been out of the country? I live in Ireland.
(85) Eaten something that made other people sick? Churro from a mini-golf place in CA.
(86) Had sex? Mmmhmm.
(87) Been unfaithful? It's in the past, in a part of my life which is forever closed.
(88) Been in love? More each day.
(89) Done drugs? No.
(90) Gone skinny dipping? Yes, in the coldest water ever.
(91) Had a medical emergency? Yes.
(92) Had a surgery? I had my wisdom teeth out.
(93) Ran away from home? Yep.
(94) Played strip poker? Not yet.
(95) Gotten beaten up? Several times.
(96) Beaten someone up? Once.
(97) Been picked on? Yes.
(98) Been on stage? Yes.
(99) Been so drunk that you know you’re supposed to go out on a date with someone, but you can’t remember with who or when and that you faint when you look at yourself in the mirror in the morning, not to mention your breath? Nope.
(100) Slept outdoors? Yep. I slept in the middle of the river to keep away from the bears.
(101) Thought about suicide? Yes.
(102) Pulled an all- nighter? Pulled many.
(103) If yes, what is your record? 75 hours.
(104) Gone one day without food? Three days.
(105) Talked on the phone all night? Almost, and certainly online.
(106) Slept together with the opposite sex without actually having sex first? Yes. Snuggling is fun.
(107) Slept all day? Yep.
(108) Killed someone? No.
(109) Made out with a stranger? Well, my first girlfriend pounced on me the second day I knew her, so kinda.
(110) Had sex with a stranger? Not a chance.
(111) Thought you’re going crazy? You try writing a master's thesis when your main logic board refuses to acknowledge that the 6, y, h, n, or space keys exist..
(112) Kissed the same sex? Not other than family members when I was little.
(113) Done anything sexual with the same sex? Nope.
(114) Been betrayed? Several times.
(115) Had a dream that came true? A few. E and my current program top the list.
(116) Broken the law? Yes: I stole a copy of Penthouse when I was 15. I got caught, the charges were dropped, and I was sent home, which was substantially worse punishment than anything else I could've received.
(117) Met a famous person? Many. I suppose George W. Bush would be the most famous of them all, though. He signed my 2000-2001 ORC booklet (my Dartmouth coursebook).
(120) Have you ever killed an animal by accident? Bugs don't count.
(121) On purpose? Again, insects.
(122) Had sex? Yes, as I said before. Sex is fun.
(123) With more than 1 person? Nope.
(124) Threesome? It was offered by my second girlfriend with the hairiest girl alive. I ran as fast as I could.
(125) Orgy? Not a chance.
(126) Whipped cream? Chocolate ganache or Nutella.
(127) Bondage? ...I'm game.
(128) Whipped/gotten whipped? Nope.
(129) Blindfolded? Yep.
(130) Tied someone up/been tied up? Yep.
(131) Used candle wax? Nope.
(132) Used porn? Nope.
(133) Been a groupie? Nope.
(134) Watched porn? Name me one American male with access to the Internet who hasn't, at some point, looked at porn. I dare you.
(135) With another person? Only as an annoyance to that person.
(136) Gotten caught? At what? Sex? Almost.
(141) Had oral sex? Yes. FUN.
(142) With someone other then your gf/bf? Nope.
(143) Comitted adultery? No.
(144) Does your significant other know? Yes, she knows I didn't.
(145) Told a secret you swore you wouldn’t tell? I don't think so, no.
(146) Stolen anything? Once, when I was fifteen.
(147) Been on radio/tv? Both.
(148) Been in a mosh-pit? No.
(149) Had a nervous breakdown? A couple times.
(150) Concidered religious vocation? Yep.
(151) Been critisized about your sexual performance? Lord, no.
(152) Bungee jumped? I would break the cord and die. No.
(153) Had a dream that kept coming back? A few.
CLOTHES and other fashion stuff
(154) Shoe brand? Bass, Reebok, or Florsheim (for formal stuff).
(155) Brand of clothing? Gap, Brooks Brothers. I'm a young male prep.
(156) Cologne/perfume? Old Spice, or the mandarin-basil thing from Bath and Body Works. Don't look at me like that.
(157) What are you normally wearing to school/work? Khakis, sneakers (it's a bit of a walk), polo shirts or long-sleeved shirts, sometimes a tie.
(158) How about parties? I don't really enjoy them, so no.
(159) Wear hats? My ancient Dartmouth hat and my Red Sox hat.
(160) Judge other people by their clothing? Sure, why not? Dozens of tiny neuroses are exhibited in what we wear.
(161) Wear make-up? Despite what you may have heard, I am a guy. No.
(162) Favourite place to shop? The Gap and its related outlets, Van Heusen, Brooks Brothers.
(163) Favourite article of clothing? Dartmouth fleece vest, Dartmouth hat.
(164) Are you trendy? I prefer timeless.
(165) Would you rather wear a uniform to school? I vastly preferred it when I was in high school.
(166) Believe in life on other planets? It's estimated that there are thousands of potentially habitable planets in our own galaxy. Andromeda is several times larger than our galaxy, and there are millions of other galaxies in addition to that. Statistics would indicate that there has to be some form of life somewhere. Whether we'll find it is another story.
(167) Miracles? The unexplainable? Sure.
(168) Astrology? Mysticism does little for me.
(169) Magic? Not the fantasy-novel type.
(170) God? Yes.
(171) Satan? I believe in the inevitable presence of evil in a human world.
(172) Santa? See above. Poor, downtrodden elves.
(173) Ghosts? I knew one when I was little.
(174) Luck? Yep.
(175) Love at first sight? Of course. And second, and third...
(176) Yin and Yang (that good can’t exist without the bad)? Yes, because good and bad are inherently relative terms.
(177) Witches? Don't get me started on Wiccans. I think there are people who are very in tune with nature. Whether they're witches is another matter entirely.
(178) Easter bunny? The concept of an enormous anthropomorphic rabbit with a basket of brightly colored chicken eggs unnerves me no end.
(179) Believe it’s possible to remain faithful forever? Of course.
(180) Believe there’s a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow? I tried to find it once, but my legs got tired and it got too dark.
(181) Do you wish on stars? Yes.
DEEP THEOLOGICAL QUESTIONS
(182) Do you believe in the traditional view of Heaven and Hell? Perhaps the theory, if not the cosmology.
(183) Do you think God has a gender? How can something omnipotent and omniscient be bounded by gender?
(184) Do you think that science counteracts religion? I think they are going at the same problem from different angles, therefore, in the end, they will eventually complement each other.
(185) Do you believe in organized religion? I'm a Roman Catholic. I think that the organization aids the contemplation of theology.
(186) Where do you think we go when we die? Reincarnation or elsewhere.
(187) Do you have any gay/lesbian friends? Dave, Domingo, and several others.
(188) Who is your best friend? E! And my brother, and after them, probably Amber, Alissa, and several folks on LJ and Blurty.
(189) Who’s the one person that knows most about you? Erika or Ryan.
(190) What’s the best advice that anyone has ever given to you? Y'know, I'm terrible at remembering advice. I suck.
(191) You favourite inside joke? "I want a car from the year 19000!" still holds the all-time title, but E and I have hundreds of little inside jokes that we hold dear.
(192) Thing you’re picked on most about? Being completely sure I'm right when I'm not.
(193) Who’s your longest known friend? Ryan doesn't really count for this, so that'd be rhiannonrising. Tiff. The only person from my high school to whom I still speak.
(194) Newest? Rikki (jeudijoli), who is highly rad.
(195) Shyest? E.
(196) Funniest? E.
(197) Sweetest? E.
(198) Closest? E.
(199) Weirdest? Amber.
(200) Smartest? E or Amber or Ryan, or perhaps Freya.
(201) Ditziest? Amber.
(202) Friend you miss being close to the most? E, my brother, and the folks from Dartmouth.
(203) Last person you talked to online? E.
(204) Who do you talk to most online? E.
(205) Who are you on the phone most? E.
(206) Who do you trust most? E. Yeah, I think that's become a theme here.
(207) Who listens to your problems? I have no problems, I am perfect.
(208) Who do you fight most with? Alissa or Lyssandra, when she's around.
(209) Who’s the nicest? Aside from E? It depends. If Amber's in a good mood, she's nice to a fault. Lally is pure niceness in moogle form. You're not on my friends list if you're not nice.
(210) Who’s the most outgoing? Um. Probably Tim or Mike.
(211) Who’s the best singer? E.
(212) Who’s on your shit-list? Scott has a lifetime membership, as does Evil-Mike, and most of my exes.
(213) Have you ever thought of having sex with a friend? Nope.
(214) Who’s your second family? My profs.
(215) Do you always feel understood? Often enough.
(216) Who’s the loudest friend? Amber. My poor ears!
(217) Do you trust others easily? Yes.
(218) Name two people you want to thank for their friendship: E and Amber.
(220) Do your friends know you? More than I expect, I think.
(221) Friend that lives farthest away: Lally, I think.
LOVE, and all that
(222) Did you get frightened or uncomfortable seing that as a section title? Pfft, no.
(223) Do you remember your first love? Yes.
(224) Still love him/her? E is my first love. There were crushes before, but this is *love*.
(225) Do you consider love a mistake? It's a sad, sad person who has so deluded himself as to think that love could be a mistake.
(226) What do you find romantic? Snuggling and talking into the wee hours of the night. Walking around with someone, holding hands. Sharing Cinnabons with extra frosting. Staying up waaaay too late to play PS2 games. Laughing at Macross dubs. Wandering around Boston all day. Doing nothing at all.
(227) Turn-on? The way her eyes change when she really wants to be kissed.
(228) Turn-off? I'll go with distractions. And illness.
(229) First kiss? Unfortunately, Amelia K. at 3 AM after talking for hours. The fact that it was 3 AM probably contributed to it. She was... shall we say... mannish.
(231) If someone you had no interest in dating expressed interest in dating you, how would you feel? That's happened. I generally feel unhappy knowing that I have to turn someone down.
(232) Do you prefer knowing someone before dating them or going “blind”? Knowing her.
(233) Have you ever wished it was more “socially acceptable” for a girl to ask a guy out? YES.
(235) Have you ever been romantically attracted to someone physically unattractive? Nope. Sounds conceited, but it's true. I want the whole package.
(236) Do you think the opposite sex finds you good looking? E does, so I don't particularly care about the rest.
(237) What is best about the opposite sex? Women tend to live their emotions a lot more thoroughly than men. They also tend to want to delve deeper into pressing questions before finding a solution.
(238) What is the worst about the opposite sex? The sympathy pains I get. Once a goddamned month, I swear... It's like God is laughing at me.
(245) Do you read porn? I did a few times. It's rather dull.
(246) Read the articles? I've read reprinted articles from Playboy, yes. One was actually assigned reading for a class I was sitting in on at Dartmouth on political satire.
(247) Just the pics? I'm of the opinion that they're depressing.
(248) What’s the last present someone gave you? Love Hina anime vol. 2, and two boxes of Mac and Cheese. Mmmm... mac and cheese...
(257) Are you in love? God, yes.
(258) Do you consider your significant other hot? She has an hourglass figure that other women would kill for. When she walks, I'm mesmerized. When she smiles, the world lights up. YES. She is HOT.
(264) What would you do if you were walking down the street and saw some hot guy/girl standing on the sidewalk? Comparison mode... processing... On a scale of 0 to E... 5.6. E wins.
THE BATTLE OF THE SEXES
(267) Have you ever wished you could experience being the other gender? I HATE YOU, SYMPATHY PAINS.
(268) If you did experience that for one day, what would you do? That would be one hell of an interesting day.
(269) What do you love most about the other gender? Y'know, the smart part of my brain wants to come up with a good answer to this, but it's being shouted down by a voice that says OMG BOOBIES R00LZ J00!!!!1111!! Seriously, though, they smell REALLY good.
(270) What do you dislike most? Mood swings. Scary.
(271) What do you understand least? How the differing anatomical structure feels physically during normal activity. I wish there were some way to quantify a comparison. But I'm weird.
(272) Honestly, what do you notice first in the opposite sex? Eyes and smile.
(273) What is your fave posession? Even though it's coming to the end of its life, I am lost without my wonderful PowerBook, Zero-Wing.
(274) What physical, tangible posession do you want most? A new PowerBook. 1.25 GHz processor, 512MB RAM, 80 GB drive, 64 MB vid card, CD/DVD-R/RW, backlit keyboard, iPod... the works.
(275) How badly do you want it? Enough to sell you to the acid mines.
(276) Have you ever seen The Exorcist? Several times.
(277) How long did it take for you to understand why the last question is in this section? If the name of the section had been spelled right, it would be funnier.
WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON…
(279) That haunted you? Al, who was a ghost of my acquaintance when I lived in Newburyport, MA. In the case of stalkers, there was this girl at Harvard in 2000 who had a crescent-moon shaped face. And she showed up in Ireland in 2002. CREEPY.
(280) You wanted to kill? I used to want to kill my mother off, or make her leave me alone, but she's mellowed. Now, I think I'd pick someone like Kim Jong-Il. For the good of humanity.
(281) That you laughed at? E.
(282) That laughed at you? E laughs at me nonstop.
(283) That turned you on? E. HAWT.
(284) You went shopping with? Holger.
(285) That broke your heart? E, a long, long time ago.
(286) To disappoint you? Amber.
(287) To ask you out? E.
(288) To make you cry? One cries of one's own volition.
(289) To brighten up your day? E.
(290) That you thought about? E again.
(291) You saw a movie with? My flatmates. The Two Towers rules.
(292) You talked to on the phone? E.
(293) You talked to through IM/ICQ? E.
(294) You saw? My flatmate, Holger.
(295) You lost? Bridget.
(296) You went head over heels for? E.
(297) You thought was completely N-U-T-Z? E or Amber.
(298) You wanted to be? Donald Duck. When I was 6.
(299) You told to fuck off? This random socialist nutbag who started yelling at me because I was an American. I hate Europe, sometimes.
(300) You trusted? E.
(301) You turned down? I honestly don't even remember that far back.
WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU…
(302) Smiled? A minute ago.
(303) Laughed? Same.
(304) Cried? There's this one goddamned part of Love Hina episode 25 that makes me cry. I'm a sucker for Motoko angst.
(305) Bought something? I bought food today. Outside of that, I bought E some socks last Thursday.
(306) Danced? At E's prom in May.
(307) Were sarcastic? I've never been sarcastic in my life.
(308) Kissed someone? E tastes so nice... like peaches.
(309) Talked to an ex? Almost three years ago.
(310) Watched your fave movie? What IS my favorite movie? I don't even know! I've cleared a spot for RotK.
(311) Had a nightmare? Last night. Goddamned "The Ring".
(312) Talked on the phone? Yesterday.
(313) Listened to the radio? Today.
(314) Watched TV? Thanksgiving. I don't have a TV.
(315) Went out? E and I had one of the best dates ever on September 13, 2003, and I've been away since then.
(316) Helped someone? Last night, I helped Rikki with a paper she's writing on the Paston letters.
(317) Were mean? I'm always mean.
(318) Sang? Today. "Soramimi Cake" is so goddamned catchy.
(319) Saw a movie? In theatres? Kill Bill was almost a month ago, now.
(320) Said “I love you”? Today.
(321) Missed someone? Constantly.
(322) Fought with a family member? October somethingth, this year. My dad said I should stop being "cute" when I sign things with my normal messy signature. That's not very nice.
(323) Fought with a friend? Yesterday.
(324) Had a serious conversation? Same.
(325) Smoked weed? Never.
(326) Got drunk? Never.
(327) Had sex? August 27th, I think. I need some. O_o
A LAST TIME for everything…
(328) Last book you read: Alfred to Henry III, Christopher Brooke.
(329) Last movie you saw: "Ninja Scroll". Or "Kill Bill". They're the same movie.
(330) Last song you heard: Scenery Called 'Everyday', by Michiko Naruke, from the Wild Arms 3 soundtrack.
(331) Last thing you had to drink: Hot chocolate.
(332) Last time you showered: This morning.
(333) Last thing you ate: Some rather poorly prepared lo mein and some delicious soup.
(334) Last CD you bought: Wild Arms 3 soundtrack.
(335) Last thing you bought: Butter.
RIGHT THIS MOMENT…
(337) Are you going to? I would if I could. Again.
(338) Will it be with your significant other? Oh, yeah. Rowr.
(339) Or some random person? I maintain that she's better than anyone ever.
(340) What are you wearing right now? Holy crap. I'm wearing the same thing as I was the first time I did this. Grey longsleeved T-shirt and boxers, 'cause I'm in bed. Creepy. O_o;;
(341) Bodypart you’re touching right now: None. I'm feeling up my compy.
(342) What are you worried about right now? Ph.D. dissertation.
(343) What book are you reading? Alfred to Henry III.
(344) What’s on your mousepad? All hail trackpaddy goodness.
(345) Use 5 words to describe how you’re feeling: Tired, hungry, lonely, acidy, and excited.
(346) Are you bored? A little.
(347) Are you tired? Tired = tired.
(348) Are you talking to anyone online? Yeah!
(349) Are you talking to anyone on the phone? I used to have dual phone-and-ethernet capabilites, but then I graduated. Stupid graduating.
(350) Are you lonely or content? Lonely.
(351) Are you listening to music? Yep.
(352) Do you laugh when you hear the number 69? Nope. "Whooo, my favorite number!" "70?" "Yeah, I love 70!"
(353) Were you lying about your answer to the previous question? Nope. And MST rules.
(354) Do you actually know your social security number? I've applied to so many things, I kinda need to.
(355) Do you actually know your IP address? Yep.
(356) Do you know what an IP address is? Yes.
(357) Do you know the four-character extension on your zip-code? Irish postal codes for Dublin are region-based and intuitive. Mine is 1. In the States, no.
(358) Have you ever thought there were too many numbers floating around in our lives? Ones are annoying.
(359) Does your head hurt when you think of infinity, imaginary numbers, irrational numbers, etc? Mmm... limits and undefined vector spaces are yummy.
(360) What do you think of pi? What, you mean 3.14159? I guess I do, but I'm more inclined to like 3.14159(2.71828), so I guess you could say I'd prefer pi(e). (I leave this answer from 2002 because it rules).
(361) Have you got a fave number? 3 is cool.
(362) How many rings before you take the phone? I try to get it by the second. I hate machines.
(363) Do you type with your finger on the right keys? There are no right keys for me. My fingers fly wherever they want to.
(364) How many CD’s do you have? Only about 50.
(365) Mac or PC? Mac. And for all the bitching I hear about Macs, you know you want one, too. A Mac is like the sultry woman you see at a party: PC users are too afraid to go up and ask her out, so they avoid her and then bitch about how much she sucks afterwards.
(366) How much do you actually care about the inner workings of your computer as long as it works? I want to learn to build my own box.
(367) Do you ever begin preferring IMs to other forms of conversations? I did at one point, because it was the only way I could talk to E.
(368) Do you find you’re different talking through IMs than face-to-face or telephone? I'm a little more distant, I think.
(369) Have you ever ended bid on something on eBay and regretted it later? Yep. $74 for FFT, and it was released in large quantities two months later for $10. However, mine is an original.
(370) How much time do you spend online each week? It varies, but generally, it's quite a lot.
(371) Is the internet one of the modern things you could never live without? Yep.
(372) Do you even receive snailmail letters anymore? A few, if I'm lucky.
(373) Send any? Some, yes.
(374) What’s your fave smiley? :-9
(375) When eating, are you more concerned with taste or healthiness? Taste, of course. Why eat something that tastes like paper just to keep your cholesterol level down? That's not living, that's existing.
(376) What’s your favourite cheese? Cashel Blue, Tomme de Muscadet, Morbier Fermier, Cotswold, Double Gloucester, Capriole Banon, Havarti, Laveston, Wicklow Blue, and many others.
(377) What do you think the answer to the previous question reveals about your personality? I am a gourmet.
(378) If you knew exactly what went into chinese food, hamburger meat, etc., would you still eat it? I do know what goes into them. I discriminate between good meat/food and bad.
(379) Ever feel guilty eating meat? I will not eat game, lamb, or veal by choice.
(380) Fave alcohol? I like dessert wines, dry reds, and cider. The rest is for cooking.
(381) Fave drug? Why is this in the food section? No drugs.
(382) Least fave of the above two: I hate beer and hard liquor. And no drugs.
(383) Could you be a vegetarian? No. I like the culinary possibilities inherent in the taste of meat far too much.
(384) Have a fave candy? Chocolate and toffee. And lemon drops.
(385) What’s the weirdest food that you like? I drink Moxie and I like sweetcorn in my sandwiches. And I love Hawaiian pizza.
(386) Do you sometimes see a movie or watch a show just because a good-looking celebrity is in it? No, because that's not a good enough reason.
(387) What celebrities autograph do you want the most? Nomar Garciaparra.
(388) Have people ever said you looked like a celebrity and if so, who? Someone's mom said I looked like Lou Diamond Philips about five years ago.
(389) If there was a movie about you, who’d play you? I'd make Charlton Heston go back to being younger and play me. That'd be cool.
(390) Does it ever annoy you when you know someone’s a celebrity, but you can’t remember why? I don't tend to forget.
(391) If you could enter a celebrities mind, like in “Being John Malkovich”, whose mind would you enter? Stephen Hawking or possibly Henry Kissinger. Don't start, by the way, about Kissinger. Thanks.
(392) Do you want to be John Malkovich? He's a respectable actor, so yeah, that'd be pretty neat.
(393) If you could fuck any moviestar, who would it be? Alyson "Holy Shit I'm Hot" Hannigan.
(394) If you could be in a band, which one would it be? I want to be Paul Oakenfold.
(395) If you could be in any movie, which one would it be? I want to be Sauron in LotR.
(396) If you could meet anyone in the world, living or not, who would it be? Muircheartach mac Lochlainn. I want to know what the HELL happened in 1166.
(397) Who is your idol? Dr. Katharine Simms or Dr. Alan T. Gaylord.
(398) What band has the funniest name? Dude. The Wamdue Project. Wamdue supposedly stood for "What Am I Gonna Do?"
(399) What movie(s) do you love that nobody else seems to? Se7en owns my brain. Sean is the one exception to this.
(400) Do you agree with that sequels are always worse than the original? No. Army of Darkness (Evil Dead III) and Evil Dead II were much better than the first.
(401) Who is your favourite Star Wars character? Palpatine or Admiral Thrawn.
(402) What kind of movie do you think there should be more of? Anything like Memento and The Usual Suspects, or anything by Shyamalan.
(403) What movie(s) do you simply not understand the appeal of? Teen movies. How did Crossroads even get MADE? And "From Justin To Kelly"? WHY, God, WHY?
(404) Maybe you have a fave movie or two? Moulin Rouge!, LotR, Se7en, Braveheart, Usual Suspects, Ninja Scroll, Memento, Kill Bill, Pulp Fiction, Treasure Island (oddly enough, the TNT version of it - Charlton Heston as Long John Silver, music by The Chieftains - it's like a proto-Pirates of the Caribbean!).
(405) Do you ever dance to music when nobody’s watching? Nope.
(406) What is/are the worst song(s) you’ve ever heard? That horrid, horrid one by Sugar Ray with the four-post bed.
(407) What song(s) do you wish you could understand a little better? None.
(408) What kind of music has the tendency to get stuck on your brain? Video-game music.
(409) What song(s) do you think describe(s) your personality best? I don't think songs encapsulate my existence, anymore.
(410) If you were to serenade the object of your affections, which song(s) would you use? Come What May and anything that comes on that strikes me.
(411) If the object of your affections were to serenade you, what song(s) would you hope he/she used? E serenades me whenever she sings.
(412) Do you play an instrument? Piano.
(413) What’s you fave sound? E's voice. Instrumentally, the sound that ATB used in his tracks, sort of a sliding piano noise?
(414) CD in your CD-player: None. That space is reserved for Diablo II: LoD.
(415) Do you have a band/artist you worship? None.
(416) What have you been listening to lately? Wild Arms 3 soundtrack.
(417) What’s your best concert- experience? Seeing Nickel Creek. I so want to hear them sing "Crooked Jack" again.
(418) Worst? Meh.
(419) How easy is it to make you laugh? Ridiculously easy.
(420) What person you know makes you laugh most? E or my brother.
(421) Do you laugh at jokes you know you shouldn’t? God, yes. Those are the funniest ones.
(422) Do you tell jokes you know you shouldn’t? Oh, yeah.
(423) What words instantly make you laugh or at least smile? "Something's sure going to happen!"
(424) What do you think is the funniest thing you’ve ever said or written or drawn? Blurty Abuse responses are confidential.
(425) Are you sarcastic? No, of course not.
(426) What’s the funniest place you’ve ever been? Funniest place? As in, the place itself was funny? I don't think I've ever been someplace inherently funny.
(427) What’s the punch-line of your fave joke? "And Blood-brand blood!" or "Your Shaft has grown a lot!" (these also rule, 2002-style).
(428) Do you have an expression you overuse? Yes. No, I'm not saying.
(429) Who’s your fave talented white rapper? I actually think Eminem is fairly respectable.
(430) Do you see the humor of the previous question? Not really. It underscores the fact that, if I'd asked you who your favorite talented black concert pianist was, and then made fun of it, I'd be lynched. Thanks for playing, better luck next time.
(431) Does Christmas carols too far away from Christmas annoy you? Every year, they annoy me a little more.
(432) How old do you think you will be before you stop liking getting older? Now.
(433) What holiday do you think has still managed to obtain its original meaning? Yankee Homecoming in Newburyport, MA. It's been about the same thing for more than a hundred and fifty years.
(434) There are currently no federal holidays during August (in the U.S. at least)- what should be put there? I like my suggestion of "Everyone Gets To Fly A B-2 Day".
WHAT DO YOU THINK OF…
(435) Ouija boards? Amusing.
(436) Abortion? Can of worms. Um. I generally disapprove on purely moral grounds, but I can understand the medical necessity, in dire cases.
(437) Adoption? A much better idea.
(438) Sports? Baseball kicks ass.
(439) Rap? Boo.
(440) Country? E made me like it.
441) Classical? Exquisite.
(442) Oldies? Bobby Darin, The Coasters, and a host of others.
(443) Punk? Dumb.
(444) R&B? Soulless.
(445) SKA? No.
(446) Metal? It's amusing.
(447) Rock? Dead.
(448) Freeze to death or burn alive? I defer to Robert Frost's excellent poem on this matter.
(449) Chocolate or vanilla? Chocolate with a swirl of vanilla?
(450) Storms- cool or scary? Cool.
(451) Glass- half empty or half full? Well, that depends on the previous action, really. If the glass was empty, and liquid was added, then it's half-filled, and therefore half-full. If the glass was full, and liquid was removed, then it's half-emptied, and therefore half empty. It's like life: one determines one's current level of optimism or pessimism based on what came just before. (my 2002 answer remains.)
(452) Night or day? Night, generally.
(453) Sore throat or upset stomach? Sore throat.
(454) N’Sync or Backstreet Boys? Shoot 'em all and let God sort 'em out.
(455) Croutons or bacon bits? Mmm, croutons.
(456) 2 doors or 4 on a car? 4.
(457) Coffee or hot chocolate? Hot chocolate.
(458) Blanket or stuffed animal? Big fat comforter.
(459) Dumper or dumpee? Ick.
(460) Gold or silver? Platinum, white gold, or silver.
(461) Boots or shoes? Shoes.
(462) You- extrovert or introvert? Semi-extrovert.
(463) Pepsi or coke? Vanilla Coke.
(464) Salt or pepper? Salt.
465) 7up or Sprite? Neither.
(466) Kid Rock or Eminem? Eminem has his redeeming qualities, but that duet with Kid Rock and Sheryl Crow surprised me beyond words. He needs to do more of that.
(467) Korn or Limp Bizkit? It's just one of those days...
(468) CD’s or vinyl? CD, except for my ATB on vinyl.
(469) Neve Campbell or Jennifer Love Hewitt? Neve Campbell leads to Denise Richards. Therefore, Neve.
(470) Tom Cruise or Brad Pitt? Brad Pitt was in Se7en, Fight Club, and Twelve Monkeys. Tom Cruise dumped Nicole Kidman. No-brainer.
(471) T-shirt or tank top? T-shirt.
(472) Skirt or dress? Kilt, dammit.
(473) Wool or cotton? Cotton.
(474) Deaf or blind? Dead.
(475) Pools or hot tubs? Either or both.
(476) TV or radio? TV.
(477) Cats or dogs? Cats. I was a cat in a previous life.
(478) Beach or snow? SNOW.
(479) Rainy or sunny? Rainy.
(480) Square or circle? Circle.
(481) Thunder or lightning? I've only seen one without the other once, and that was when there was a high, non-grounded storm between two clouds over my house. Saw the lightning, heard no thunder. Being that you generally get both, I like each equally.
(482) How good is your short-term memory? HORRID.
(483) How good is your long-term memory? Too good.
(484) What’s your happiest memory? Waking up with E for the very first time and realizing it wasn't all a dream.
(485) What’s your strangest memory? Watching The Neverending Story a long, long time ago. I hate that goddamned movie.
(486) What song, movies, etc. do you wish you could memorize? Too late.
(487) Most embarassing sexual memory? Um. I'm going to get in trouble, but that would be when E and I broke a lamp when we were using her parents' bed. We made up a pretty good story to cover it, though.
(488) Scariest sexual memory? None.
(489) What movie(s) makes/made you cry? Consistently, Moulin Rouge. I cry often at movies, though.
(490) What book(s) makes/made you cry? LotR, when Gandalf died. The first time I read that, I cried.
(491) What song(s) makes/made you cry? Anything E sings.
(492) What makes/made you cry? This question is rather silly.
(493) What’s the worst feeling in the world? Having to walk away from E when I leave for Ireland.
(494) What made you laugh so hard that you cried? E has.
(495) What was your favourite toy as a child? My Micro Machines. I'd create civilizations with them.
(496) What’s the farthest place you’ve been from home? (W-S-E-N) LA, Florida, England, and Maine.
(497) What was your best Halloween costume? I was a spaceman and a pirate. I was also a kickass zombie one year.
(498) What’s the best Christmas present you’ve ever received? Erika!
(499) Have you ever been convicted of a crime? No.
(500) Where were you born? Newburyport, MA, was where I lived my infancy, but I was born in the Boston Hospital for Women, Lying-In Division, in Boston, MA.
(501) What was your first pet and what was its name? When I was born, we had several cats already, but the first that came after I was born was mine, and he was Finnegan.
(502) Worst medical accident? Severe 2nd degree ankle sprain. Still hurts.
(503) What was your fave cartoon? Disney cartoons in general.
(504) Who was you best friend? Ben Hennessey, then Frankie Gagliardo.
(505) First time you ever went on a plane? I was 6 and I went to DISNEY WORLD!
(506) First boy/girlfriend? Amelia Kahl, or Meredith Hicks, depending on how you see it.
(507) Fave song in 5th grade? Axel F, from the Beverly Hills Cop soundtrack. I loved electronica even then.
(508) Fave movie in 2nd grade? One of the Asterix movies.
(509) What did you want to be? A garbageman, then a magician, then a doctor.
(510) What used to be your fave color? Blue.
(511) Did you ever wet your pants at school? Nope.
(512) What was your worst fear? Coming home. Being beaten as a kid isn't fun.
(513) Did you ever suck your thumb? I don't remember doing so, but I probably did.
(514) What’s the wackiest thing you did as a child? I interjected numbers into everything I did.
(515) What was the biggest rumor about you that wasn’t true? There were always rumors that I was gay because I didn't date.
(516) What’s the meanest thing anyone has ever said to you? That I could never be good at anything.
(517) Where do you see yourself in 10 years? Married, hopefully teaching at Dartmouth.
(518) What do you want to be? History professor.
(519) Will you get married? Yes, I will.
(520) Will you have kids? I hope so.
(521) How long do you think you’ll live? Well, my grandmothers are 94 and 89, and most of the members of my family make it to at least 80. My great-grandmother Griffin made it to 99 and 5 months. I want to make it to 100, dammit.
(522) Where do you want to live when you’re 35? New Hampshire.
(523) What movie do you want to see next Saturday night? Screw Saturday. Next Wednesday, it's RotK, all the way.
(524) Do you think you’ll have the same friends as now? What, Saturday night? I'd better. When I'm 35, I don't know. Whatever happens, happens.
(525) Do you think people will be jealous at you at your highschool reunion? Hells yes.
(526) Do you want to be the president of the U.S.? I think I could do a respectable job.
(527) Do you want to walk on the moon? Yep.
(528) Do you want to be famous? Not important, but it'd be neat.
(529) What kind of housing do you want to live in? Single-family home on a large plot of land somewhere in a rural or small-town area.
(530) Do you think you’ll have the same personality when you’re 60? Only if I have brain damage.
(531) What’s your fave smell? Mint, herbs, sauteeing garlic or onions, bacon, E.
(532) What’s your least fave smell? Unwashed hair.
(533) First thing you think when you get up in the morning? I'm on break. I don't get up in the morning.
(534) It’s a warm and sunny day, you’re all alone- what do you do? Something with E. Either that, or I go for a walk. Or play video games in the air-conditioned indoors.
(535) What word do you use when you think something’s good? Yay applies. Or "I like = xxxx". Or xxxx pwnz.
(536) I see: This compy, and my clothes in the closet.
(537) I need: Erika and sleep.
(538) I find: My compy and my warm blankets.
(539) I have: A flight to catch next Monday!
(540) I wish: It were THIS Monday.
(541) I love: Erika.
(542) I hate: That some people refuse to understand why.
(543) I miss: Erika.
(544) I fear: Not a whole lot, anymore.
(545) I hear: The spinning of my hard drive, and the sounds of a city starting up.
(546) I smell: The sauce from the sweet-and-sour pork I made.
(547) I crave: Erika.
(548) I search for: Milk.
(549) I find: A quart!
(550) I wonder: If I can get my neck to stop hurting.
(551) I regret: Not finding a better living situation.
(552) Is this section annoying or relieving? It means I'm almost done. Incredible.
(553) How many of these retarded surveys have you done in the past week? Only the color one, I think.
(554) Are you glad this is over? Hell, yes.
(555) Why are you filling these out? Because I just got a paid LJ account, and I thought it was a good time to do this.
(556) Did you enjoy this survey? Less this time than the first.
(557) How are you feeling now? My neck hurts.
(558) Did u notice all the missing questions? There weren't that many. I noticed the abbreviation of "you" even more, though.
(559) What time/date is it now? 6:04 AM GMT, Monday, December 8, 2003.
Wheeeee. My brain hurts, now.
(Post a new comment)
(Post a new comment)