|Current mood:|| high|
educating u (19 facts on cannabis sativa)
1. cannabis and hemp are the same
"marijuana" was the Mexican name given to cannabis
2. Cannabis was first cultivated in China around 4000 B.C
3. the original draft of the Declaration of Independence was written on hemp paper
4. one acre of hemp will produce more paper than 4 acres of trees
5. Hemp is a source of fiber for cloth and cordage for rope
6. George Washington and Thomas Jefferson grew hemp. Washington our first president, declared, "Make the most of the hemp seed. Sow it everywhere"
7.Hemp seed is natures perfect food. The oil from hemp seeds has the highest percentage of essential fatty acids and the lowest percentage of saturated fats
8. Sterilized hemp seed is commonly sold as bird seeds
9. Rolling papers, like Bambu, are made from hemp paper
10. IN 1937 the Marijuana Tax Stamp Act prohibited the use,sale,and cultivation of hemp/marijuana in the U.S
11. Five years later during WWII the U.S. Department of Agriculture released the film, "Hemp For Victory" which encouraged American farmers to grow hemp for the war effort.
12. Hemp is cultivated all over the world. Today China, Korea, Italy, Hungary, Russia and France are among the countries that grow hemp for fiber, paper, and other products
13. Cannabis is classified as a schedule 1 drug by the Food and Drug Administration
14. In 1988 the DEA's own administration law judge concluded "marijuana is one of the safest, therapeutically active substances know to man"
15. Cannabis can be used as a medicine to treat nausea, pain and muscle spasms. It alleviates symptom of glaucoma, multiple sclerosis, AIDS, migraines and other debilitating ailments.
16. 35 states have passed legislation permitting medical use of marijuana
17. 12 Americans recieve prescribed marijuana from the U.S government
18. More than 400,000 Americans are arrested for marijuana charges
19. More than 400,000 Americans die from diseases related to cigaratte smoking each year. more than 150,000 Americans die of alcohol abuse each year. But in 10,000 years of usage, no one has ever died from marijuana