|Current mood:|| hopeful|
Just some suggestions
I've learned that there are a few things you should just never do if it can be helped:
1. Never wish for more drama, because you are sure to get it. I confess, my life can be so easy/boring. I make all the right decisions. I know what is bad for me, so I stay away. So I decided to wish that I would screw up, get some attention, learn some lessons and move on. It was so not worth it.
2. Never tell other people that your mom is annoying because 9 times out of 10 she'll do something so incredibly nice after you've gone and talked behind her back, that you'll feel like the scum of the earth. Mom's rock.
3. Never get a crush on someone you've only seen from your window, because you'll end up imagining them to be the person that you want them to be, and then when you finally do talk to them, you'll find out that he's not as similar to Chris from the Hush Sound as you thought he would be...why must his name be Phil??!
4. Never tell your Musicianship teacher that you would like to improve your sight-reading skills..because apparently he'll want to help you out with that in the middle of class infront of everyone! Thank God I didn't screw up!
5. Don't write poetry when you're in middle school...it's just going to embarrass you later.
6. Don't write song lyrics on worksheets and forget about it. Nothing is worse than getting a paper returned to you by a teacher and seeing that you wrote, "If I had money enough to spend, or leisure time to spend a while, there is a fair maid in this town that surely has my heart beguiled." I sound like an Irish lesbian.
7. Never pet a hampster after you eat popcorn.
8. Don't kick rocks with sandals on.
9. Never confuse people asking you to accompany them as an offer of friendship. It's a meaningless, selfish, one-sided request that is the musical equivilant of a one-night stand...only more stressful.
10. You know how when you see your language teacher outside of class, it's appropriate to say "bonjour?" If you're in a public place, outside of school, DON'T DO IT!
Now..here are some things that you totally should do:
1. READ for pleasure...what's the point of being the most literate country in the world if you don't take advantage of it? If you don't know where to start, here are a few suggestions: Jane Eyre, Circle of Friends by Maeve Binchy, anything by Phillipa Gregory, In My Words- Yanni's biography, Chasing Down the Dawn- Jewel's biography, Harry Potter, Great Expectations...
2. Hang out with your parents. Maybe this seems so much better because I don't see them everyday anymore...but the more interested you seem to be in them, the more interesting they become. Especially ask about who they dated when they were your age...you will be amazed.
3. Walk to classes a different way everyday.
4. Stop drinking soda...apparently you lose 5 pounds
5. Caculate how much money you're spending every minute to be sitting in your seat, listening to some old man talk about the Old Testament and think about it everytime you decide you would rather be sleeping.
6. LISTEN TO THE HUSH SOUND BECAUSE THEY ARE AMAZING (but don't pretend that you love them the way I do because you can't)
7. Go to concerts...rock bands, orchestras, highschool musicals...it doesn't matter,they are inspiring.
8. Compliment people when you really mean it.
9. Write about your day as if it was a short story...I find it amusing at least...
10. Go to church, if not for personal religious reasons, at least go for the community...or the glass...or the food...the God stuff will come later, I promise.