1/4 teaspoon chili powder
4 oz. butter (1 stick), softened to room temp
1/2 teaspoon finely diced jalapeno peppers
1/2 teaspoon freshly chopped cilantro
1/4 teaspoon Cholula Hot Sauce
1. Place the 5 jalapeno butter ingredients in a mixing bowl. Use a spoon to combine. Place in the middle of a sheet of plastic wrap. Roll the wrap to form a cylinder tube. Refrigerate the butter.
Note: This step can be done a couple days in advance.
2. If the mussels are not pre-cooked from the store, place the mussels in a saucepan, add 1/2-inch of water and cover the pan. Place on the burner portion of the Coleman Road Trip GRILL and bring to a boil. Immediately reduce heat to simmer and cook just until the shells open.
3. Let the cooked mussels cool and remove from the shells. Discard one half of each mussel shell and place the mussel back in the other shell half. Top each mussel with a small piece of jalapeno butter.
4. Pre-heat the grill to medium. Place the mussels on the grill and cover.
5. When the butter is melted, carefully remove and serve. Enjoy the Razzle Dazzle Mussels with garlic toast and a chilled beverage.
Post a comment in response:
|© 2002-2008. Blurty Journal. All rights reserved.|